• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master list for members in case of Emergency

JohnnyReb

My last post with Recovery 4x4 on his trip through GA gave me an idea I would like to share...
What if we had a section or just a thread where members posted contact info. which could be printed (catagorized by State) and carried on a roadtrip? That way if anyone had a breakdown or other exigent situation, then you would have a "friendly" to call upon for assistance. Could be difficult to get parts or a reasonable tow for a deuce, 5 tonner, etc. Maybe someone would have the tools or supplies to help....

Just a thought...We would not be sharing any info. anyone couldn't get out of a telephone book or over the net.... I will start it:

Robb Kiker

600 Singing Hills Dr.

Clarkesville GA (NE Ga...closest interstate is I-85, about 75 mins. north of Atlanta; 60 mins. west of Greenville, SC)

706-754-2743

706-499-3847 Cell

M35A2w/w. Have spare filters, jacks, tools, generator, strong back and a weak mind!

Opie

Glad to help, if only to be of moral support...

Peter Hannon
Salem/Roanoke, VA
540-986-0778 H
540-520-7196 Cell
I-81 halfway between I-64 west to West Virginia and I-77 SE to North Carolina
Basic hand tools (could probably borrow heavier-duty hand tools from the rescue squad in a pinch)

Low-Tech-Redneck

Paul (me) or Elwood (my dad) Seifert (pronounced cy-fert)

814-234-3755 - Me
814-692-4824 - Dad

We're about a mile off of US322 in Port Matilda Pa, just down the road from I-80, geographic middle of state

We've got a lot of shop equipment that we'd be happy to break out in an emergency. Welders, torches, generator, air tank, tools, etc. And, if you're REALLY in a bind, call Eagle Towing and Recovery in Milesburg, PA, they have a rig that can tow broken down busses and tractor trailers

Desert Rat

As soon as we get situated in Houston I'll post info. If I was to do it now it would be valid for about six weeks more as of this post. The phones will be changing too but for now:

Brent Backman
Exit 25 on I-64
SW IN
(812)215-0093
Various tools and local contacts.
Recommend Evansville phonebook after Jul 05
Contacts include:
Evansville Freightliner
Auto Wheel and Rim - ask for John
Hutchinson and Son - odd ball electrical stuff
Southern Indiana Tire in Princeton or on Fares Ave. in Evv.
Truck Pro
Truck Clean - experienced with MVs
These businesses I've delt with and are reputable, honest people to deal with.

I'll develop contacts in Houston and post updates as they become available.

mouse

if any one is going through Northern Ill or South East wis .give me a e-mail, and i will send you my phone# for emergencies,or if you just want to get a cup of java [thumbzup] ps, there is a deuce in a local bone yard and i have a generator , welders,and a trailer if its needed

Elwenil

I may not be much use since I haven't fooled with anythingas big as a Deuce yet, but I have been a mechanic and fabricator for more than a few years, and I have friends in weird places to help out. At any rate, don't hesitate to call me if you are in the area and need help, or are coming my way and want me to hang around on standby or something. My info and location are as follows:

Lanty A. Clemons
Covington, VA
My normal stomping grounds are:
I-64 between the VA-WV State line in the West and the I-81/I-64 junction at Lexington in the East.
Also Rt. 220, North to Hot Springs and South to Roanoke.

I have all the normal hand tools, and such and can probably lay my hands on just about anything in a pinch.
Call when in need...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great idea!!!

Chris Stansbury
Charleston, WV at the junction of I-77/I-64/I-79
304-342-6131 H
304-343-3363 W
Have a MIG, Torches, 1/4"-3/4" socket sets, air, jacks, BFH's, etc... Also 16' equip trailer with 3/4-ton truck to pull ya!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alrightythen, I'm available as well

Kenny Engle
Serving the SE FL region, based out ot suburban West Palm Beach.
Cell (954)803-1569
Got a few tools, few parts, few trucks, few towbars...wait, one tow bar.
I've also got a 100 gallon transfer tank and pump if we need to move some fuel.
Can Do!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in.

Bjorn Brandstedt
Southwest Virginia
540 593-2001
22 miles East of I-77 and 45 miles South of I-81 near the Blue Ridge Parkway MM177.

Got space for lots of MV's. You are welcome at any time. Can drive 100+ miles on short notice.

rdixiemiller

Works for me.
Robert Miller
770-301-9991 (cell) never leaves my side. Full shop tools, a deuce for towing, 6 1/2 acres in case something needs to sit, access to any tool or machine shop item with 30 minutes notice.
Carrollton Ga, about 40 miles West of Atlanta, about 10 miles south of I 20. Able to go 100 miles on short notice.
Anyone is welcome to drop in.

bomar76

I would gladly help any member anyway I can....lots of tools, some spares (slowly building supply), torch, space in the driveway, a deuce for towing (well, once I get the injection pumps replaced) fuel tranfer tank, manuals, etc.

Joe Pence
Marysville OH
(just NW of Columbus, reasonably close to 71 70, and not too far from 75
cell 937-209-0453

MVtrucker

It goes without saying that I'm always ready to help. Problem is, very few MV'ers venture into South Jersey, except the ones that live here (and Bruce Kubu)!
Tools, parts, torch, welder, knowhow and 5-ton Cummins wrecker.
856-451-5014
C: 856-207-9578

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck yea, always ready for wrenchin'

Have available:
[4] Food and Beverage. [/4]
Basic Shop - MIG and Stick welders, Oxy-Acetylene Rig, Sloppy Lathe and Mill, Huge Mechanic tool set, Electric and Pneumatic power tools, (not really an expert with any of this stuff, but we'll give it a shot)
(Sorry, zero spare parts :sad:)
[3]Feel free to make a pit stop even if you are just passing through. [/3]

Jeff Hartline
20 minutes southwest of Cincinnati, OH
Less than one mile off Interstate 275
10-15 minutes from Interstates: I-71, I-74, I-75
513 659-8611 (cell - always on)

Dieselsmoke

I think I'm on a help list somewhere already but I am always ready to help an MVer out in an emergency. I got a call a fewmonths back from a friend who rents MVs to the movie industry. They were filming a movie here local and I could have made good money hauling their grip equipment through the mud had I not loaned the cell phone to a friend who accidentally ran it over.
Anyway, I have a fully equipped shop, welders, torches, just about any tool imaginable. I also have access to a shop about 30 miles from here with lifts large enough for a five ton wrecker and a lot of contacts with parts, etc. 530-268-8225
Don't forget when you are out on the road that often times the local national guard guys will be willing to help you out. there was a time in Evanston or Rock Springs Wyoming that the 1009 just wouldn't start on it's own (10 below). I was about a block from the armory and they had no problem coming over and slave starting me.

BigWheelBob

Add me to,
Bob Stevens

Big Wheel Off Road

662 Hubert Blvd

Hubert, N. C., 28539

910-326-2881

We are a 4x4 shop on the east coast of N.C., Have my phone with me all the time, also have a few old trucks for parts.

My f-650 roolback has been hauling my deuce parts trucks very well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks