• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cckw gas heater

spentshell

Does anybody own or have a fender mounted personnel heater for there older duece. I am trying to gather some info on the heaters to see what there value are and how they work

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Gas heater? The 978 is what was used in the 715 series trucks. I am told that you could run windows half way down in a Tshirt in 10* weather. Pm sent.

FrankUSMC

I have "some kind" of WWII heater. I got it years ago for my airborne CCKW. It was gas feed, and I was told it mounted in the bed of the truck to heat the rear cargo area. It is NOS. I still have it in storage, it was of those items that I thought would be great item for the truck.....then sold the truck.
One of the few, Frank USMC

FrankUSMC

spentshell
Mine looks defferent than that one, and has it's own fuel cell. It looks to be about the same size. PM me with your e-mail address and I will try to get your some photos of it. Maybe you can tell me what I have?
One of the few, Frank USMC REt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks