• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout Light question

lrdg

I picked up some of the small blackout lights for an M880. the truck I have has the holes where the original ones were removed. On the front grill the mounting location is at about a 30 degree angle off vertical. The base of my lights are vertical. I don't have a truck to look at and I didn't pay any attention to the last few trucks I did look at. Is there and adapter for these lights, or are front M880 lights unique for M880s, or (not likely) are they mouinted at that angle?

I am also looking for the mount for the blackout headlight and the slave cable socket and mount.

We gotta get this thing back to original!

Thanks

Kevin

McGuyver

There is a little angle bracket that comes supplied in the B/O light kit for the M880.

This kit comes complete with EVERYTHING you need to install the B/O lights on an M880 (minus the big switch on the dash, you have to get that separately), including chasis and cab wiring harnesses, brackets, relays, instructions, dash holes cut template drawing, etc. It also incudes the main B/O light bracket you are looking for. You can probably get one of these kits from Front Line, or Saturn Surplus.

here's a link:

http://www.flmv.net/FLMV-M880.htm

edit:

I didn't see any of these kits on the Saturn Surplus site. You may have to call them to ask if they have some stock that isn't listed there.

acetomatoco

The reason you don't get any main light switch in the M880 kits is that 10 years ago when the kits were surplussed, the big dealers took the switches out to sell back to the government and make big bux....however, the funny part is that the resistor for the dash lights was only for 12 v and typically burned out on the first illumination.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks