• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help identify my jeep willys

PANCHI

Hi Im new here,

Pls can you help me to identify my Jeep, I think is from 1964, the enginee has the serial 807895 (thr clock) 15, i dont know if it is civilian o Militar, also in the other side k7 H O, has a 24 volt light, a box under the copilot seat, ..... attach some pics.....

Pls help me.....
Bye

Sonia :shock:

Attachments

PANCHI

Thanks., someone said that could be a CJ5 by the year, but maybe he doesnt know very much... what identify my jeep model?, what make you think is a M38A1

FrankUSMC

I do not think it is a M38A1. It could be one of the military CJ-5 versions that was developed for export, I think they were called the CJ-5M. It does not look to be 24 volt, other than the one light on the fender, is it even hooked up? Were is the 2nd battery? It looks to not have the 2nd battery storage area on the cowling below the windshield. Plus, the wiring is just not 24 volt stuff.
I would say it is a CJ5M.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

FrankUSMC

Looking at the 2nd set of photos you can see there is no battery box for the 2nd battery to make it 24 volt, plus the M38A1 had a storage box (glove box) on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. It is not a M38A1, sorry.
I would say a CJ5M or a CJ5 that some one has painted up to look military.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

PANCHI

Thanks a lot Frank, I've just read that you are a retired marine, so you must know a lot of these jeeps, can yoy help me in one more thing, where can I find original pictures of the cj5 and the cj5m .

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I also believe FrankUSMC is correct. Sharp looking Jeep regardless of what it was originally.

emr

The Willys, were licensed out to that country and many many others, its a CJ5 for sure,but obviuosly not called one, and may have been manufactured there also, probably so, a mil version was not so much a specialty in other countrys, doubt they had the manufacture capacity to build many varients, so they im guessing just made em from the blue brint from willys,doubt an export,, my guess Randy

gwalker

Yes jeep of Brasil was(is?) a very big operation it was most likley made there, Its not an m-38a1 for sure, it is a CJ-5 hard to say if it was really a military model or if someone just added some of the lights an other items to make it look that way. Im not aware of military vehicle specs in So. American countries but in the US if it was military they added I.D. plates to show that.

JeepMan

I believe the M38A1's serial numbers all start out with "MD" .
Your serial number indicates a CJ-5 but it may also be a "export" serial number.
Some searching on CJ-5 sites should answer that for you.
I like how solid the body is, just like new!!
Could you tell us the story on the jeep and what research reveals such as how many your army used?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks