• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

phase 2 complete...16:00's and 5.9 cummins

Desert Rat

Good Grief! How's the weather way up there! Lemme guess, you need o2 over 30,000 ft. right? Dang you're going to need to really work to get her stuck! Looks really nice!

n3uka

Wow, what a beast. Looks great.
Could only imagine what someone in a little riceburner would think
seeing that in the rearview :freaked:

OD_Coyote

That is an awesome looking truck! Can you tell us more about how the 5.9 Cummins handles the load?

Did you fab the receiver hitch setup?

stagehc

Looks great! Could you post a couple of pics of your front and rear suspension? I assume you had to modifiy it to make those meats fit under the wheel arches!

Cheers,
Cole

hot rod deuce

well the deal with the hitch was that we had the truck registered for a car show along with pop's 970 HP big block lawnmower and our t bucket. like the night before the show he says, why dont we just pull a trailer with the army truck. Well a few of my buddies and a case of beer later we had a drop hitch. The top of the ball is 26" which is the same as my 1 ton chevy with the stock GM set up and 3 inch drop. The sides are a chunck of 12" gravel truck frame i tripped over trying to find some 3 inch square tube. then the main cross was one of the legs of of an old transefer conveyor we scrapped. the rest was just various things i found laying around.

No the rims arent quite stock rears, they are how ever just widend stock rims...also just junk i had laying around...

The 6BT has all the power i need after i turned it up. I had a set of 370's and some wicked cool stuff but i chickend out and just slid the fuel plate and pinched of the waste gate and got 35 PSI boost. I have a twin turbo set up in the works...mainly because i found that the "ultimate" big turbo in a twin setup is a holset BHT3B and well there was one layin in the yard on an old 855 that was in a scrapped 40 ton six wheel dump truck. but it will run right to the governer, only 2300 for now, and hold there empty and not think twice. For the weight of the motor i think its the only way to go. i have less weight on my front now with power steering than i did before without and the multi fuel. Less weight means less parts and i like that

If anyone is interested in a hitch like that let me know i have enough stuff to make more(trade?)....i think. i also have most of the multi fuel for parts that i would trade for rear canopy parts

Monster Man

lookin really, REALLY good. Great job

any chance of higher resolution versions of those pics, like 1280x960 for my desktop? The pics turned out great too!

hot rod deuce

just a few chuncks of 3x3x1/4 square tube i found laying around. drilled some holes and that was it, kinda thinkin about building a sub-frame for the cab and front clip to make an air ride gizmo incorparated with the tilt front end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks