• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 pics

patch

I'm experimenting with scanning and posting some old photos; some are OK, some not so much.....This one was taken in the hills of Yakima Wash.in 1978. We'd gone to recover a downed aircraft.

Attachments

patch

One more for tonight...this is one of E Company's 880's in the motor pool. Ft Lewis Wash. about 1978. Just a few random shots from my archives, cuz we all like to see pictures... Thanks for watching! JK

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think you guys broke that little Kiowa :p

patch

Couple of warrant officers broke it for us, we just picked up the pieces! As I heard the story, they caught an updraft and rolled down the hill where the 880 is parked. This was just one of many recoveries I was involved in. Most were mechanical failures of some sort that made the craft unflyable, but this was one of the half dozen or so actual crashes that I recovered. As wrecker driver my job was to pick up the big piece and get it on the trailer, and take it back to the hangar. Forward support team would recover all the small pieces, most of the time it would fit in a deuce unless we had multiple aircraft. Oh yeah, the pilots were banged up but lived, broken bones and stuff....

Boatcarpenter

Hey JK, glad to see you back. How's everything? You still interested in my Deuce bed? It's sitting on blocks at a friends heating oil storage yard right now. Let me know.
BC

citizensoldier

Thank you for posting these.. I am sure my friend Dave P will enjoy them too. Its real cool to see the trucks being used for the roll they were designed for. Do you have any of your M819 pulling that long trailer made for it? I think it was a M270? Keep em coming we love them!
Oh and a big thank you for your service! :D

McGuyver

It's cool to see pictures of the M880 when they were still "new-ish." Thanks for posting these pictures. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks