• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO on a mule?

tamangel

Does the mule have a power take off setup of any kind, or have any of you added this feature by chance? I'm curious as I'm wondering if the mule can be used for towing some sort of lawn mower or maybe help in snow plow/blower duties. Other than general hauling, what other uses have you folks accomplished?

Mike

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're not really rated to tow anything substantial.... AS for PTO, I believe Kevin at Leonard Grove's place had a mule with a PTO of some sort that was used to operate a dump bed. I remember it selling on eBay several years ago to Dave Kelone for $2500, but I don't have the details. I think shifting into neutral on the T-case and using 1st gear and reverse to do the raising and lowering, but that is from memnory of the eBay ad, so don't quote me....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks