• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trip to TNJ Murray in Dover, DE

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't feel like going to work today, so I used some Paid Time Off I had saved up and took a 3 hour (one way) trip to TNJ Murray in Delaware to snag some 7.00x16 tires he had, that I will be using on my CJ3A. They were in the process of tearing apart a small pile of MUTTs that were cut in half. There wasn't much left of them, and they were just removing what was salvageable before the rest went in the scrap bin. I think I got the last of the tires in this size he had that were used, but not dry rotted or having holes in them. Total bill for 5 tires including 5 M151 rims was $200. Tires were at least 60-70% tread, non-recaps, and they had no dryrot.

I also picked up a couple odds and ends, a part needed for my M725 (new ammeter), and a part for AM30Y+ for his M54 truck. Lots of driving but worth the trip. I didn't get any time to pull too many parts from the back lot of deuces and trucks he has saved up, didn't have a lot of spare time today. But I think I'm going to add TNJ to my short list of places to visit on a regular basis to get parts and stuff.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike thanks for picking that up and glad you made it safely home after the all nighter. Murrays is a great place to wander around if you have time and they are great folks too.

Mike,
Been to TNJ a few times and found them to be good people to deal with.
I live in Baltimore so look me up the next time you are going there or let me know
if there is something you are looking for. I am 100mi. from Dover. I am always looking for an excuse to go there.
Any chance of sharing that shortlist?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
AFB:
Great to see another Baltimore guy on the site most guys here have Aberdeen Envy of us living so close to the East Coast rally site. I am in Korea for some time ot go but I hope my Son Noah is going to show up in the CUCV. Welcome to the site and we will have to get together when I get home.

David,
I read with regret the thread about your extended stay. Am looking forward to meeting you upon your return. Thank you Sir for your sacrifice. I pm'ed you about a month ago looking to network with fellow MV junkies in the Maryland area. Please stay in touch and be safe.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am prodding Noah to stay engaged on the date of Aberdeen and plan on driving the CUCV up there. I hope you are planning on going to Aberdeen and get a chance to meet all the Steel Soldiers who attend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks