• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

logging out problem

Michael

Any suggestions on how to not be logged out for inactivity? I tend to log in to SS in the morning and go through the new postings throughout the day. It seems though that if I am busy, I will come back and I have been logged out. That means I have missed all of the new messages that I have not looked at. I am only guessing that it is inactivity, it may be something else. I don't know if I have a static or dynamic IP address.

CCATLETT1984

it shouldnt matter if you've been logged out, you should see all the unread messages with the orange symbols next to them, on the main forum page. The site is set to keep you logged in for 7days unless up log out.
if you are talking about being logged out of chat, that cant be helped.

Michael

Clearing the cookies would explain why I have to manually log in every time I turn the computer on but would it explain why I get logged out when the computer is idle for a few minutes?

I noticed someone else complaining they had typed a long reply and lost it because they had timed out. I have had that happen several times. I have found that if type a reply and then hit submit and it then asks you to log in that you can hit the go back button and go back to the previous screen and copy your message. Then log in and paste the message in.

CCATLETT1984

typing a long winded reply can somtimes fail, since the applet on the server only waits for so long.
I would advise that you type in notepad or another word proccessor application and copy/paste it into the reply box.

Michael

it shouldnt matter if you've been logged out, you should see all the unread messages with the orange symbols next to them, on the main forum page.
It seems the symbols change to blue when you log back in even if I haven't read them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks