• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ingersoll-Rand P250 WDM Compressor Manuals needed

tcody

Got this at a recent GSA auction. I have downloaded two of the TM's but if anyone has an original copy I would sure appreciate it. Not sure what kind of work it will need - will be bringing it home next week. One question for the group: It has air brakes. Do you have to put air in the system to release the brakes like a semi trailer or can I hook it to a regular 1 ton and roll it? Seems like there is a manual parking brake handle.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It should be like the other military trailers, which is air over hydraulic. That means the there is no brakes with out air pressure. A pickup should be able to move it.

tcody

So it sounds like the brakes are "not" locked when you loose air pressure and that is is free to roll when disconnected????

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That is how the m105 and container converter trailers I've seen work. I have no reason to think these would be different. I HAVE seen the parking brake cables sieze up though. When I piced up a trailer once, I didn't check the hubs, and naturally, the nut wasn't tight. While I was driving I lost a wheel. You have been warned to check out almost everything before you pull it home. Might even load it onto the trailer you bring with you if you want to be exta carefull. :)

ida34

If the trailer has two air hoses then it is a new type brake system which has a break away system. When the air is on to the emergency side it fills a tank on the trailer. If the emergency line does not supply air after this the brakes automatically engage for the break away. My water buffalo is like this. When the trailer departs the emergency hose severs and the system detects the loss of air which triggers the brake system. It does not work like a regular air brake setup because the tank must be charged before the breakaway system will work. This means that if the air has bled out then you would not need air to move the trailer. If the air is still up on the trailer (no likely) then there is a drain valve on the tank. Drain it and the brakes will release. If there is only one air hose on the trailer then it does not have the breakaway system. By the looks of the trailer I would bet it is a newer trailer with the newer system. Sorry to contradict you Gimpy but you probably just have never come across a newer trailer. Some of the newer M105s are built with the newer brake system I just described.

Either way you can pull it without air but if the trailer brakes are locked drain the air tank for the brake system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks