• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 with commo shelter

nattieleather

I know the M882 was suppose to be the commo truck and many were done with a rack and antennas, but were S-250 type commo shelters used in M880s? And if so did the truck get a different number was it still the M882?

Thanks

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok differences from a M882 (from memory)
Rear springs, overload setup like on a 1 ton
No Tailgate, but two angular braces which also keep shelter from sliding out
a "C" channel running across the front of the bed, to hold shelter down
Antenna do not mount on bed side like M882. (I think)
Either the 12v alternator is 100amp vs 60amp or the 24v generator is 100 amp vs 60.

Have to break out the manual I guess................

nattieleather

Ah ok...So it would be set up very much like a M1028 CUCVs were. The big C channel that bolted to the front of the bed and then the two corner brackets in the rear. Sounds like I'd have to find a M884 instead of an M880 to do this.....

Now I just looked at the pics from the link above and the one truck with the commo shelter pulling a 3/4 ton gen trailer shure looks like it has a tail gate.

And according to that the M883, 884 and 885 were all set up for the commo shelter.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked in da book
the 60 amp vs 100 amp is the 24v generator

The pic in the link might be an M880 with a shelter set in the back
can't see the channel up front in that pic.

I have not seen a M884 with a tailgate, maybe they did come with them, but it sure makes it hard to get in the back door.

I'll take a closer look at the M884 in the back yard , later today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks