• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce at Stout Field

jim-m35a2

Hi all,

My name is Jim and I am from Grand Haven Michigan. I won a 1971 Deuce from GL and it is at Stout Field. My EUC was sent to Battle Creek last week, I am a new buyer so my EUC will not be cleared for awhile. If any body is going to Stout Field, would it be possible to check out my deuce and see if it has to be towed or if it could be driven. Stout Field, according to Map Quest, is 288 miles from Geand Haven.

I would be thankful for any suggestions. Thanks for the suggestion about posting here, Citizensoldier.

Jim
________
Jeep honcho history

Attachments

Last edited:

citizensoldier

She's a runner for sure! Call Stout and see if they have a loading dock the right height for a duece.. You have a small car? Drive it down.. Pull it in the back and head home.. I bet all it needs is a jump.. PM me when you EUC clears.. I will do what I can to help depending on timeing..
Nice score!! Will I see you at some GLMVPA event this summer?

derby

Nice Truck ,I think I was bidding against You! I would not go-it alone,having a helping hand is safer and more fun! It will take You half the time to get it ready for the trip and sometimes they will remind you something you forgot.

citizensoldier

Oh yes I agree.. much more fun with a friend.. I dont have any so I do it all myself most of the time.. LOL. Hmmm.. Makes me want to buy something at Stout now so I can go get it and pull yours home with it.. Heck you even have heat!

jim-m35a2

How can you tell the deuce is a runner? Is anybody volunteering to go with me. I have another friend that wants to go but he knows less about the m352as then I do.
________
Expert insurance

Last edited:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:eek:

I was scrolling down, checking the pics, and my first thought was, "It's a runner!" Then I see citizensoldier post, "It's a runner!"

I don't know, I suppose it's a feeling you get.

Heater and a hardtop, maybe even a new stering wheel. It looks like someone payed some attention to it. Not all raked and hammered.

Probably needs jumped and you'll be rolling. :driver:

You should still do the full recovery precautions and PMCS. But the gut feeling is, you got yourself a runner. [thumbzup]

citizensoldier

Just a gut thing

oifvet said:
:eek:

I was scrolling down, checking the pics, and my first thought was, "It's a runner!" Then I see citizensoldier post, "It's a runner!"

I don't know, I suppose it's a feeling you get.

Heater and a hardtop, maybe even a new stering wheel. It looks like someone payed some attention to it. Not all raked and hammered.

Probably needs jumped and you'll be rolling. :driver:

You should still do the full recovery precautions and PMCS. But the gut feeling is, you got yourself a runner. [thumbzup]
Fresh chain hanging off that new steering wheel. new seat covers, fresh paint, Very clean on the inside.. Did it say driven in? You never know for sure on anything and she could puke on the way home or blow a transmission. But I would put money she fires up and walks all the way home with ease.. Like I said PM me when your EUC clears and if I can I will help you out. That truck has had some love from someone.. :D

nhdiesel

I'm not sure exactly when, but my father (Beaubeau on here) and I will be going there soon to pick up his trailer. We could take a look and see if the batteries happen to be charged. You should probably PM him and mention it...although I'm sure he'll see this thread. His EUC went to BC already, and he has bought several items, so we are hoping he gets it back this week or next- much sooner than you will get yours.

PM each of us, and keep in touch, so we don't forget. Also let us know the truck's info...I'm sure there will be lots there.

Jim

jim-m35a2 said:
How can you tell the deuce is a runner? Is anybody volunteering to go with me. I have another friend that wants to go but he knows less about the m352as then I do.
Jim, welcome. good to see another michigander here. I cant tell if it runs but i can tell you i have a trucking co that does these moves very reasonably. pm me if you want the info. your truck looks good tho. cant volunteer to go with as i have little time with a job and all.

jim-m35a2

GL listed it as being "Driven Into Yard." The driver's side window is down and the side vent is open. It is possible somebody did drive it in. I attached pictures of the gauges and engine. The inside of the hood looks rusty.
The MV's do get into your blood. I have looked at them for a couple of years and decided to make my move.

Can anybody tell me what that rod and wire is sticking through the back bumper?
________
Ferrari 637

Attachments

Last edited:

Armada

Congrats and welcome fellow Michigander! Nice looking truck. That wire in the back looks like it's connected to a grounding rod and just setting on the bumper.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anybody tell me what that rod and wire is sticking through the back bumper?
Whatever it is, it's not a part of the truck. Looks like something someone just stuck in the ground. If it's copper, toss it up in the bed of the truck when you leave. They probably want you to have it since they stuck it there. If it's touching the truck, it goes with the truck, I always say.

jim-m35a2

Brought her home today. She started right up with no jump or starting fluid. The good old girl ran like a charm. No problems what-so-ever over the 313 miles she worked. Looks **** good with a lot of freebees in the back and the tool compartment.

Thanks DAS for being there. You are a true SS friend, hats off to you sir.

Jim
________
Box vaporizers

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So everyone was about right on it being a runner. Glad she got home without a hitch. Tell more about the goodies and post more pics.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding and :beer to DAS for helping out.

Now, more pics!! :D

jim-m35a2

Waiting to get the lot opened.

In the tool box I found the safty markers, a Milton gladhand air hose, lug wrenches, extra lug nuts, pliers, screwdriver and a front winter cover.
________
VAPORIZERINFO.COM

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks