• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S250 AC unit

comdiver

I am looking at an S250 shelter to purchase shortly. It has an air conditioning unit in it. Is there any test that I can do on the AC unit in this sub freezing weather to determine its condition? Do these units also heat? What voltage are they? Is there a TM that covers the AC unit?

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of them are set up to run on 3-phase 120/208 Volt power. I have never seen one as a heat pump or with heat strips installed. Usually, a shelter has two or more standard milspec electric heaters, and may have multifuel flame heat as well.

An AC unit will cool to a certain split (usually 55 degrees F) or more regardless of outdoor temp. If you can power it up, just use a thermometer to check the output temp. Make sure to let it set on power for an hour or so before turning it on so the compressor oil can come up to temp.

dg

ptg530C

I use plain old window units that you can buy cheap at home depot. Paint it green and plug it into the 110v outlet and you are good to go.

comdiver

The guy has two for sale, one with a AC unit and one without. I have since found a tech manual for the AC units and it looks like they both heat and cool. It could be 208-3p or 120v. If it is 3 phase I will pass on it. If it is 120V should I take a chance? Would it be easer to start with a hole that dosen't fit or to start from scrach for the window box replacement, if it needs to be replaced?

Genesis98

Not to steal your thread or anything but does anybody know this make of Air Conditioning unit and better yet does anybody have any maintenance manuals for it?

Attachments

S250 shelter AC info

Hey Guys, your posts are from a while back, but if your still interested, I can send you a pdf manual and give you a source for a NOS unit for $300 plus shipping. Check out my "2500 mile road trip" thread or let me know if I can help you out.

The unit you show, Genesis98 is a 6000BTU AC / 4500BTU HTR, runs on single phase 115 VAC (house current) and draws a max of 18.5 A. It weighs in at around 162 lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks