• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DeskTop Icon?

cbvet

John,
I know a lot about guns, dogs, beer, & women. Don't know sh-t about computers.
Be more specific please.
If I right click on the SS banner I get a list of choices, but none are "create icon".
Eric
CBVET

Flea

If you'd like, I can walk you through the installation of Firefox. You get a nice toolbar where you can drag & drop links to all your favorite websites, then you just click to go to them. PM if you'd like.

alphadeltaromeo

one thing that you can do which is relatively easy is to go to the SS page...then in the "address" bar at the top where it shows the SS link, just left-click in that box and drag it to the desktop. you'll then have a shortcut right to SS and each time you click it...it will open the browser and take you right to the page :)

hope that helps

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: DeskTop Icon?

Flea said:
If you'd like, I can walk you through the installation of Firefox. You get a nice toolbar where you can drag & drop links to all your favorite websites, then you just click to go to them. PM if you'd like.
Firefox, thats an airplane right?, from a movie, I think Clint Eastwood was in it too.....

:lol:

cbvet

RE: Re: RE: DeskTop Icon?

Okay, I finally got it.
I finally asked my wife, which I really hate to do. For 20 years I've had her convinced I know everything!
Had to right click blue bar at top of screen, select restore. Page got smaller, revealing part of desktop.
Put arrow (which changes to a hand) on little box to left of web address, hold left button down & drag to clear space on desktop.
Eric
CBVET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks