• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding a Member

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to PM someone who is not logged on.

Is there a faster way to find a member without having to page through almost every member first?

If looking for somone in the "M" part of the alphabet, in order to send them a PM, it takes forever to go page after page in "ascending order.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you can go to the Ms ,then depending on the name try different pages

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There used to be letters on the top of the members lookup page, they aren't there now.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
sorry, will beat me to it, boy the new way sure takes a lot of time, sometimes NEW is not better, as a thought , can you enter the members name in the search and fine it that way

Mike_Pop

I've made a suggestion to Mangus580 about this but haven't seen anything done. Maybe we can have a database file that we can download and be able to search on any item in a table?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
use the search, click entire site, just type in the name, brings up everything, just did a test search, it works

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the last name, for that matter the first name is not posted much, as far as the SS name ,if you dont know it, search a topic that thay may have posted in, then get it from there

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was trying to get to "meglog" for his guru abilities. He wasn't on-line much these past few days, or I could have just picked up him PM flag and got it done. I eventually worked my way through the member list until I got to the "M's."

When you do that, you realize how many mambers there are. Wow!!

(I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to have an "active" and "in-active" members list. Active= login w/i past __ days; Inactive= no logins w/i past __ days). PITA?????

It would be nice to be able to select the alpha-character of a member if you just want to PM or e-mail them when they are off-line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks