• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First GL win and retrieval (sorry no deuce)

dirtyfingernails

I'm new to GL and won my first auction recently. I picked it up today. Very easy and fairly close (about 1.5 hours). I won 200 shelter halves. I didn't realize that it would be so many!! It filled up one of those large boxes! Anyway, I hope this counts for a road trip. Now what am I gonna do with all those tents?
Steve

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a very nice trailer you have there!

As for the shelter halves, I feel your pain. I sold a pile of them on eBay years ago, $20 per tent (two shelter halves), but I had to round up all the poles, ropes, and stakes to make the tents complete. You might start looking for a source of cheap components like I did, and sell like that. OR, you could make donations of tents to all the local Boy Scout units. They go through gear like you wouldn't believe, and would appreciate the tax-deductible donation.

FrankUSMC

One, they make GREAT military truck seat covers!
Two, I am with Maddawg, give some to the Boy Scouts, I have done that for years, help keep kids off the streets!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

dirtyfingernails

Thanks for the input. Mike, the trailer looks good in pics, but it has a lot of patches--I know, I put them there. It is an excellent trailer for hauling though! Perfect size and weight.

Those shelter halves also make great windshield covers to block heat or frost. Used to have one snapped on my suburban, then a couple more to make shaded space beside the truck. A couple of those extendable poles, some anchor ropes, instant shade.

Also as a windshield cover on both my Humvee and my 5 ton when in the guard. When under cammo nets, keeps the sun from glinting on the glass.

Green_gator

I will take a half dozen of those if yo decide to sell some. Enough to make two tents and then misc. uses. Show the kids how we used to go to the field.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks