• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM's Damaged

williamsb52

I've been trying to view the three recommended M35 manuals and they all seem to come up with an error message of "File damaged and could not be repaired". If anyone has any ideas i'm willing to try. I tried right clicking and save as but it just saves a index.php file. I use Firefox and am running the 2.0.0.12 version.

Jake0147

RE: TM

I'm using the same firefox, it seems to be working here. Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed and be the default for .pdf files...

williamsb52

It must be something on my end because nobody else seems to be experiencing the same thing. I'm allowing scripts from SS. I'll try updating adobe since that is the only other thing that I can think of.

williamsb52

No luck with upgrading adobe. It still gives the same error. This is the only site that I have trouble with pdf files. Guess i'll just try downloading the files at work and then using a usb stick to view them at home.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which ones are you looking for? I can copy the CDs I have and send them to ya.

mangus580

JAVA should not be required to view the TM PDF's. (it may be though for the menusystem at the top)

Its not a damaged PDF issue, its something with his browser & settings. Usually saving the file via a right click fixes it.

Please try IE and report back.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do as Mike says, right click and save it to your computer. I have the same issue

williamsb52

Internet Explorer doesn't open the files directly from the site. It sits there loading for a while and then shows a white screen. Right click, save as works though. I should have tried IE but my distaste for it must have kept me from trying the obvious. Thanks to all of you for the help.

williamsb52

Dan

I updated JAVA last night and there was no luck with that. I thought that was a long shot. The second item you mentioned did work though. I can now open the files directly from the site, right click save as doesn't work. The directions were for an earlier version of Firefox but the process is almost identical. So if anyone else has the same problems you can try what Dan said as well.

I was looking for the Towbar TM 4910-593-12&P so I can construct the Towbar decals everyone wants.

I got 3 pages into the TM list when I got this:

"getPubList" failed: Table 'steelso_pn._topics' doesn't exist while executing: SELECT _pagesetter_pubdata1.pg_id, _pagesetter_pubdata1.pg_pid, pg_author, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(pg_created) as pg_created, pg_approvalState, _topics.pn_topicname, pg_revision, pg_online, pg_field1 FROM _pagesetter_pubdata1 LEFT JOIN _topics ON pg_topic = _topics.pn_topicid LEFT JOIN _pagesetter_pubheader ON pg_tid = 1 AND _pagesetter_pubheader.pg_pid = _pagesetter_pubdata1.pg_pid WHERE (pg_publishDate <= NOW() || pg_publishDate IS NULL) AND (NOW() < pg_expireDate || pg_expireDate IS NULL) AND pg_online AND pg_showInList AND (pg_language = 'eng' OR pg_language = 'x_all') AND NOT pg_indepot ORDER BY pg_field1, pg_revision

The TM Section seems to be in lockdown. I completely backed out of the TM Section and tried to gain entry again. Same message.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks