• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I butcher my rear bumper?

Hal_VT

Seeing as my truck is a working rig, and I don't propose to restore it, I need to modify or change the rear bumper. I have already lost one tag and destroyed the license plate light because of having it mounted on the outside of the bumper. I would like to remount the plate in the middle as it is on commercial bumpers. To do this I will have to cut out the brace for the pintle hook mount. Since I don't ever expect to use that, it isn't a problem for me, but I wouldn't do it if the bumper has a higher value as is. This probably isn't a big issue, but if anyone has any comments, I would appreciate them.

Mike_Pop

What if you changed the bumper completely? Try mounting an M1008 bumper which is a diamond plate step bumper. Just remove the pintle hitch assembly (if it comes with it) and put your license plate and light there. You would still have the military look. Here is an M1008 bumper mounted on an M1009:

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M880 rear bumpers are hard as hell to find in decent condition!
If it isn't all bent up or rusted out, it should be worth more than a everyday step bumper.

My plate is mounted to my receiver hitch, under the bumper.

tractorfix

Just get a normal step bumper from a same era dodge . Not because the M bumper is worth anything(unless its not swollen or twisted which is very rare) but because its gotta be a whole lot less grief.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks