• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First GL Roadtrip

No.2Diesel

Hi,

We had to pick up an NTC400 on a wooden Pallet (see other post for specific info about engine) from GL in Columbus Ohio. They only loadout M-TH so we had to take a Monday off. My brother and I decided to make a weekend out of it due to the driving distance.

Its about 13.5 hrs. 600 miles each way with gas and rest stops. We took our very scrappy homemade dump truck to haul the engine home. Averaged 8mpg (wind) on the way there and 10mpg on the way home. We setup the Sirius so it wasn't bad. Alot nice scenery.

Things seen and done:

-HEMTT PLS sighting on I-76 PA
-MRAPs, up armoured Humvees sightings
-Dayton AF Museum (highly recommend it)
-Packard Museum in Dayton
-Wandered around Defense Logistics Terminal in Columbus "looking" for right building
-Ate some good food
-Wandered around the "ghost town" parts of Dayton. Cool stuff. You could buy whole city blocks.
-Summit Racing Retail outlet in Tallmadge, (Sam Winer was closed)

Thanks for allowing me to share. Enjoy the pics!!

Attachments

ida34

I am planning on maybe making a side trip to the AirForce Museum when I pickup my 818 from Columbus.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, No.2, how much did you snag the engine for at GL? Just curious, you broke down the cost of everything in the other post, but you didn't say how much the engine sold for...

No.2Diesel

Hey Gimp, Yeah it was a last minute thing. I didn't want to bother anyone. Next time I will notify though. It would be cool to tour fellow Steel Soldiers' stuff.

I have a bazillion more pics of aircraft from the museum. Let me know what plane you want to see and I'll post em'. I didn't get everything in the hangars; my fully charged battery died about 3/4 of the way through. The presentation and layout is outstanding.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No biggie, anyone in the area shoot me a PM. I can say that I will be free, but I love meeting members of the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks