• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(video added)Pulling out semi, car, truck.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very busy day yesterday, had about 12-16 inches of snow, and 30 mph winds. Sounds like a perfect day to take a ride in the Deuce!

Have to admit, the road crews did pretty good considering. Was a Level 3 out, which means they will arrest you if your out driving(yea, right).

Went to work(wasn't level 3 yet). Pulled in the parking lot and a guy in a 4x4 truck turned at the wrong time and ended up on top of a snow bank. Pulled him out, no pics for this one.

Left work early, my dad had stuck the car in the parking lot where he was doing some work. Had a tractor there with a bucket, so I used that to clear a path and pull him out. Dang, no pics again!

On the way there saw a plow truck in the ditch. Talked to him a little, then as I was leaving, the front end found the ditch and tried to go in. Darn near made it to. Floored it and turned the wheel. Was lucky enough to get out. That was the biggest problem. Could not see the road, and every road in Ohio has a ditch on both sides. Was driving by telephone poles and mailboxs.

So one of my friends was getting married that day, and leaving for the honeymoon tomorrow. Never mind the bad roads... So Leonard in his little RAV4 goes to pick up Barb, and gets stuck on here road(they live in the boonies). So Barb goes to rescue him, and gets stuck. Then they call someone with a 4x4, and they get stuck. By the time I got there, the wedding was over, and the 4x4 had gotten pulled out. I pulled out the other 2. Some pics and video of this one.

NOW, on the way home, a semi is blocking the road. He tried to pull in a parking lot, uphill, and was stuck. I tried pushing him(didn't think it would work), and no go. Truck had 45,000lbs on the back. So I parked the truck against a curb, and ran out the winch(all 200 foot). Was able to pull him out of the road, and to the side of the parking lot, with him helping. At one point he locked the brakes, and I still was sliding him. Really surprised I didn't pop the shear pin.

I did a stupid. When I reversed the winch to unhook the truck, thought I had the winch in neutral. By the time I realized it was still turning, had a rat's nest of cable. That should be fun to fix.

I'll post videos in a while, still uploading them.

Dennis

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Pulling out semi, car, truck, on a snow day

Looks like your having a good time there! Too bad FT wasn't there, to help you run your winch. Pulling people out during a storm would be a great event for the "Redneck Winter Olympics"! I just love winter.

Stan

RE: Pulling out semi, car, truck, on a snow day

Makes me jealous, we got about 7" on Tuesday. Which doesn't seem like much of a challenge and then everything gets salted and I prefer to avoid that. Come Wednesday afternoon most of it was gone.

Re: RE: Pulling out semi, car, truck, on a snow day

doghead said:
Looks like your having a good time there! Too bad FT wasn't there, to help you run your winch. Pulling people out during a storm would be a great event for the "Redneck Winter Olympics"! I just love winter.
rofl That woulda been fun to see

pa.rich

RE: Re: RE: Pulling out semi, car, truck, on a snow day

We had rain. But the day before I loaded the old duece with about 12 ton of 2B stone for the driveway and spread that. Filled to the top of the troop carrier sides . Those springs are excellent. Two sets Mains and then helpers. Ground was starting to thaw and just got out of the field by the skin of my teeth.Sorry no pics. She carries the weight real well.Hey Stretch, thanks for all the pictures, We havent had a big snow like that yet this year, but its not over yet. Looks like you were plenty busy all day. My daughter is in Loiusville,Kentucky and she said they recieved over a foot. :D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't drive the deuce unless it's really snowy out. Once this year in the snow, and once last year. I try not to drive in the salt.

Official storm total was 20.5 inches. Maybe we can get 24 next time!

Short video of winching the semi. Was a little busy to get a good video

Winch semi

Video of leaving my buddys place. Was pushing snow.

Pushing snow

Part one and two, pulling out car.

part 1

part 2

Driving at night on snowy road

Night

Dennis

Blood_of_Tyrants

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? Hasn't Spotted Algore explained to you about GLOBULL WARMING?

BTW, we only got 2" of globull warming here in TN and it was 80% melted by noon.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, Dennis, looks like you're all set for the next season of Ice Road Truckers, by the looks of the last video! Good videos!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes on the 6 singles, 11-20 NDT's on M135/M34 rims. They seem to work pretty well. Actually had more traction off road, on the road it was slick under the snow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks