• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone tell me what this connector is for?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm pretty sure it is a power adapter plug to supply 24v to equipment. Kinda like the lighter plug for your cell phone/radar detector

shamwop

Do you know what this might connect to? I did some searching for NATO slave cable, and mostly I have seen the big green connector that resembles this smaller version. Can anyone verify if this is used for a military application?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oh, sorry I didn't have any reference as to the size of the plug in the pic. Is the contact portion of the plug the same size as the slave recepticle?

sermis

NATO and the cap looks military. It looks like it bolts to something. I have never seen one that bolts like that but there are a lot of power cables that use the NATO plug. Radios, impacts, pumps, etc use sometype of plug into the NATO slave either on the truck ,generator, or other equipment.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, this looks like a replacement plug for a piece of euquipment meant to run off of the slave cable jack on a vehicle. Judging by the size of the opening for the cable, something that doesn't draw to many amps.......

shamwop

Thanks for the help guys.

FMJ - It says 15 amps on the cover. What kind of equipment can work at 15 amps or under? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to get a bit of an education from the vast knowledge employed by the masses here on SS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks