• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

measurements of engine bay

boghog360

Hello, I'm new to this site, And have a chance to get a deuce with out a motor or trans. The rest is there from the t-case out to the wheels.
I have a 7.3 ford diesel engine and all the trimmings, from what I have found it appears that it should power the truck. My question is will it fit?
I missed a chance on a running truck. Then this idea set into my brain.
anyone have the distance betwen the frame rails, and the distance from the firewall to the rad. support?
Thanks in advance, and if any body thinks it won't power the truck, or fit, please speak-up. :hop: :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Physically it will fit. The main concern is the steering column. You may have to offset the engine to the right to obtain the clearance depending on where you put it. Not much can be done with moving the original steering gear except to replace it.

boghog360

Its a powerstroke, Had it to put in an m-715 but too tight of a fit with the intercooler and AC cond. and the 4" down pipe. I need to find out if it will fit in a deuce. I have the chance to get one minus the engine and trans, would see about using the 1 ton 5 speed I have.
Any idea what the distance is from the fire wall to the radiator on the deuce?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks