• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with '77 M886 paint color.

SoylentGreen

Can you guys tell from the picture what color my M886 is? I've seen other pix of 886's with this color and would like to repaint it the same color. I got some 34079 but it's not the same, too dark.
Thanks

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Need help with

It's green!

Problem with lusterless paints is, they fade, I can also get 20 different shades and levels off gloss out of the same can of 34079, just by playing with the amount of thinner in the paint and air flow adjustments.

Even with the mixes down to a science, there is still the fade issue.

PS.
I"m giving it one more month, if it doesn't sell by then I will start parting out the M886 ($1250.00 one) .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks