• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008 owner looking for parts

ltcray

Well, after much searching I finally got a M1008 in reasonably good shape. And I've been steadily replacing parts and repairing misc since then. Only 43K miles, and I've already replaced the rear brakes, axle bearings and seals. The truck was used to pull school buses around in Georgia. Gutsy little truck to say the least.
I just discovered my adapter plate"s got a crack all the way around. It's a wonder the transfer case hasn't fallen out.
Anybody got a spare? I tried to do a TIG welding job on it, but there's simply too many cracks to fix. Also would like the GI issue chain shackles and a good drive shaft.
Who's got the best deal on CARC paint?

LtC Ray
bgft@charter.net

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the M1009 and the M1008 share some of the same drivetrain components? That might help to know as it seems there are more 1009s around than the 1008s.

Crash_AF

M1008s have Dana 60 front axles and Corporate 14 bolt rear axles, both with 8 lug wheels. The 1009s have Corporate 10 bolt front and rear axles with 6 lug wheels. They all have a 6.2 diesel engine, TH400 auto trans and NP208 part time transfer case unless you get an M1028A1/A2 or M1031 which have an NP205 part time transfer case.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks