• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie cross country question?

Billy-L

Hi guys im a new the forum and to MV's and have a question about driving a m35a2 on the interstate. im planning to buy a m35a2 from eastern surplus in pa and drive it down to florida,parrish on the gulf coast . Im gonna go down i95 south. last time i drove down i rented a Uhaul with my dad and we ran with out having to go through any weight stations with a small box truck, now im in a whole new ball game and i am wondering do i have to run like a commercial truck? weight stations and special paperwork? I want the duce for my first MV but the trip may seem to be a little scary to me because im afraid i may get my chops busted by dot or troopers. thanks for any input! love the website!
Billy

Barrman

The M35 does not need to stop at the scales.

You should have insurance, some kind of registration, an understanding of how the truck works and what to check before you start just like you would with any other vehicle, but they are loosely classified as the same thing on the road as a 1 ton truck.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at the member map before you roll out. Make contacts. There's help along the way. Hopefully, you won't need it, but keep us posted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've driven the I95 corridor many times in a deuce, no problem. Make sure Dave PMs the truck for your trip and you should be good. Have a spare headlight and run the lights anytime on the highway. No better way to get aquainted with a new friend than a long road trip. Take your time, you can see alot at 55.

Billy-L

hey guys i'll let ya know when i do and update ya as i go. I'll take some video too! But i'm gonna have to wait a month or so because my dad is getting
a knee replacement and i gotta help out mom and him till he is better.and i'll look up some of the fellow members that are along my route before i do take the trip
just in case cause im a newbie! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks