• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bob's new Mog

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A SS member/friend stopped by for a visit the other day in his 1300L. He purchased it from another SS member. I snapped a few pics of it and my 818 for comparison. It was a nice Mog with fast axles and an overdrive box. It was previously a firetruck in Europe, hence the color. There was some OD paint showing through in a couple spots on the grill. That means it may have been set for military service at some point or maybe just had an OD grill swapped in. Cruising at 65 MPH is no problem. Thanks for the ride, Bob.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

bubbas4x4 said:
Nice mog, it looks like it could tear up some mud!! :grd:
Mogs are not made for mud, especially the U1300L. They weigh in at 12,000 lbs and if there is mud, they will sink. Mogs are much better suited for rock crawling and off camber stuff. They are almost unstoppable.

kroctec

As for Mike Pop's comment on Mogs and mud, the Chinese have overcome this problem as you will see Mogs there with duallies front and back. I would guess that they would then pretty well float with all that air.

mog1218

As for Mike Pop's comment on Mogs and mud, the Chinese have overcome this problem as you will see Mogs there with duallies front and back. I would guess that they would then pretty well float with all that air.
Do you have any photos of the Mogs with duallies?

spicergear

From what I understand, the fire trucks and other select rescue vehicles came through with high speed axles that were different than the standard truck. That was for the U900 class (like 406's) and would make sense to carry over to the 1300's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks