• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from NJ

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site as a deuce owner you will find yourself logging on frequently to gain much from the great guys and gals here on Steel Soldiers. I hope you are going to take full advantage of the site and there are quite a few owners and members in close proximity to you. Have fun and post some more pictures for us to see.

Welcome to the site, and addiction [thumbzup] As Armyman has stated now that you have joined the club, you will be soon finding yourself on here more then you would of ever thought before.

Mike_Pop

Kenny,

What part of South Jersey? If you have time this weekend, try to go to the MTA show in Sussex. You will meet a bunch of great people there. Also, since you are in South Jersey, you probably have room for more vehicles. Once you get one green truck, you get OD Fever. It happens to all of us. Shoot me a pm if you want to get together. I'm usually in between Florence and Neptune.

Kenny714

Thanks for the welcomes! I've been looking around the site for a few weeks and allready have found alot of useful info. I sure many more questions will come up once I get the truck home and start messing with it. Thanks [thumbzup]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, from a New Jersey emigrant. Always happy to help someone from NJ, especially with brochures from other states, help moving your stuff to your new out-of-NJ home, etc. :)

Kenny714

Re: RE: New from NJ

Mike_Pop said:
Kenny,

What part of South Jersey? If you have time this weekend, try to go to the MTA show in Sussex. You will meet a bunch of great people there. Also, since you are in South Jersey, you probably have room for more vehicles. Once you get one green truck, you get OD Fever. It happens to all of us. Shoot me a pm if you want to get together. I'm usually in between Florence and Neptune.
I'm at Exit 74 off the Parkway. Forked River. Gotta check the schedule for this weekend, it may be a possibility. I went to school in Blairstown and Madison and even lived at Lake Hopatcong for a summer, so I know the area pretty well. I'll search around for some info about it.
As far as room for more toys, well I'm kind of maxed out as it is. I've got two Broncos (78 & 86), two quads,a 83 Honda Odyssey, an 18' car hauler and a 12' box trailer for the quads. I just started renting a shop to work on the trucks, but the duece is a little big to fit in there. This is how the house usually looks.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/317972/fullsize/im000292.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/317974/fullsize/im000293.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/322355/fullsize/im000329.jpg

Cdub

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the Steel Soldiers....it looks like you have a lot of toys to play with...Hahaha

Come on up to the MTA show and we'll show ya around and meet the guys.

seya,

Craig

serp

:D welcome, i live in nj and also have a deuce. this is a great site for info. you said you lived in madison, i grew up in madison. when did you live there?

Mike_Pop

Kenny,

Forked River...used to be the sticks. I grew up in Brick, was born in Newton and most of my family is in Mine Hill/Dover area.

See if you can get up to the MTA show, you won't regret it. Also, there is a trail ride planned for the Pines on April 27. It's posted here on SS. Since you live near the nuke plant, you are familiar with the Pines I assume?

Kenny714

Cdub said:
Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the Steel Soldiers....it looks like you have a lot of toys to play with...Hahaha

Come on up to the MTA show and we'll show ya around and meet the guys.

seya,

Craig
New Milford!!!!!:shock: I lived in New Milford for about 30 years. I mentioned the MTA to my daughter and she actually seemed like she was interested in going. Does Steel Soldiers have a booth or designated area set up to meet everyone.

Kenny714

Mike_Pop said:
Kenny,

Forked River...used to be the sticks. I grew up in Brick, was born in Newton and most of my family is in Mine Hill/Dover area.

See if you can get up to the MTA show, you won't regret it. Also, there is a trail ride planned for the Pines on April 27. It's posted here on SS. Since you live near the nuke plant, you are familiar with the Pines I assume?
I remember reading about the trail ride in the Pines, but I don't think I'll be ready with the Duece for that. Both Bronco's are under construction....again....and I've got to stop taking the Excursion out in the woods. :roll:

I'm actually a Reactor Operator at the Nuke plant so I'm often very close to it. :p When I'm not working the weekend I'm out in the Pines as much as possible. We camp out there Memorial Day, Labor Day and usually a few other random weekends through-out the year.

ChuckSmith

Wow, Exit 74 Forked River. When I was young back in 1980, I tagged along with Dad on an overnight 4 wheelin trip there. Was the most fun I ever had wheeling. Dad had a 79 CJ-5, and we were part of a convoy of about 20 trucks heading down the GSP. Funny you mention the Odessey (in your sig), two guys on that trip had them with CB radios on them. It was the first time I ever saw one. By the time i got my license, they fenced off where we used to go. Then we switched to Exit 88 for wheelin in the sand. Then they blocked that off. Around 1992 or so, I bought a 1984 FL-250 Odessey. Had fun, but my back still hurts. We used to go all the way to Mannahawkin to ride in Kalsch's Pit. Then that got closed due to too many injuries.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

~Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks