• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swedish Field Phones

ov1guy

They may not be a great military find, but I saw them at a local surplus store and got them. Put batteries (D cells) in them and found they work just great. Interesting additional parts and functions. The rotary dial (I'm thinking) is to hook into a civilian phone system if needed, and it has an extra earpiece that can be pluged in while another person uses the handset. The S button sends a tone that can be used instead of the hand cranked ringer, and can be pushed while the cover is in place. 'Bout the only problem I have is that I can't read Swedish to find out what's written on the info card. If someone can read it, let me know.

Attachments

gunner01, to me as a German swedish is just as much "gurgl smörre shmurgle" as to anyone else :? . To me it seems that there are not many similarities.

Nice find on the field phones, they look a little like the old Wehrmacht types.

Mark

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knowing both languages, you see some similarities in individual words, but the grammer and as a whole they are very different. Dutch on the other hand seems to be a mix of German and the Scandinavian languages, I have been able to read (not by ear) dutch words and sentences and never studied the language....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daggumit Bjorn, between you and my wife, you guys must speak a dozen languages. I'd bet the well traveled Sarge has a few under his belt as well. BTW, field phones are cool. There is a jack on the VIC1 AM1780 where you can attach a set. I tried with the TA/1PT set once.

ov1guy

Bjorn, PM sent.

Deuce, seems that the only imports we have on nurses here are Filipino and Canadian. One can still hope though.

For everyone else, there seems to be more field phones available than what I've noticed before. I've also noticed the price going up some. Could this be the "goodtimes" for field phone purchases? I also found a couple sites for field phones, in case someone is interested.
http://www.myinsulators.com/commokid/telephones/militaryphones.htm
http://phonesurplus.com/

dsk

Hi, I see this is an old thread, but as A Norwegian I may read and understand most of it. so I could help with a translation, if it still is needed. (I do not write or speak Swedish. )

dsk

dsk

Something like this:

M7780-000020
LB-CB switch
Operating instructions
(BANV LB-CB OMK)

Valid M3926-384011 TFNAPP MT
Phone cradle and LB-CB switch locking
are mounted in the control box (Figure 1).
LB-CB switch should be set before the line is connected to
contact screws La and Lb.

Connection to local battery lines (LB)

1. Make sure the switch is in position LB.

If the switch is in the CB position Do the following:

a. Pull the catch straight out and hold it extended.

b. Push the switch and turn it to position LB.

c. Leave the latch then let it go back to lock pawl
bolt.

2. Call and end signal should be made with generator handle.

Connection to central battery network (CB)

1. Ensure that the switch is in position CB.

If the switch is in position LB Do the following:

a. Pull the catch straight out and hold it extended.

b. Turn the switch to CB. The switch moves
then to its upper position.

c. Leave the latch then let it go back to lock pawl
bolt.
Call and answer by lifting off handset and pushing the switch to its lower position, where it is automatically locked.

3. When the call is ended replace handset on cradle, and the switch should be released.

The generator should not be used when the telephone set is

connected to the CB network.

In automated CB networks (AT) networks connected dial on

usual manner. Calls are made as above.

Place the handset in the cradle when the call is not in progress!

Battery location in case shown in Figure 2.

Added info:
Batteries will always be needed, remove for batteries for storage to reduce risk of leaks.

dsk

Didn't look at that. :razz:
They are pretty different on the other side of the border.
If you look at their dial, they have placed the numbers different than every other country.
In hence of this is a phone made from 1937, it is surprisingly advanced and lightweight.
It is hard to give them credit on the other side of the border, but at time we had stone-age equipment if we should compare.:oops:

dsk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks