• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying CARC

red devils dude

ok I am going to paint my truck with a MIL-spec CARC so I need to decide what type of CARC to use.
1. MIL-C-53039A a Single Component Aliphatic Polyurethane whatever that meens it's $59.99 a gal.
2. MIL-DTL-64159 a water born aliphatic polyurethane $128 a gal for the paint and $39 for the catalyst as you can see a lot of money for paint and
that's just for the green I will still need black and something else for the camo.
any help or thoughts? :confused:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at a few items painted with the one part stuff while at John Winslows place. One was abed that was painted 6 months ago and was sitting in a field. The other was John's personal M342A2 deuce dump which he just snadblasted and painted. The texture and color of the green was awesome. As far as weathering, I couldn't tell the difference between the weathered bed and the freshly painted tipper. Isn't the single componenet water bourne too?

oifvet23

my 2 cents says to go with the 2 part catalyst and paint, not so long ago when i was in the marines it was my job to paint vehicles, planes and helo's and we used a two part poly and catalyst without a reducer becuase it layed on thicker and flexible to make it more durable against the elements, corrosion and abuse, but then again i dont imagine youll abuse it much but it dose offer better protection i think.. just my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks