• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tanker

Desert Rat

The M54 series is an older series than the M814 or M819 series. Both have a tanker option. Are you wanting the M number for the tanker option for either series? Remember, there are two different tanker options. The first is a full semi set-up being most common. The less common is putting a tank in the back of an M54 or M814 or M819. If it's the tractor-tanker set up, then the nomenclature doesn't change. If the latter, I do not know the M series number for that option.

Elwenil

I'm not sure there was a seperate 5 ton model. I can find about 10 different 2.5 ton models of fuel and water tankers, but no 5 tons at all. Plenty of trailer tankers, and then it jumps to the GOER and HEMMT models.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once saw a water tanker mounted on an M809 chassis, but I never saw the dataplate to check to see if it had its own M #. I have never seen a 5 fuel truck, except for cargo trucks with the fuel cells and reel assembly in the bed.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you cant put a tank on the back of a m819 ,its a tractor wrecker and you only can pull a low bed or a flat rack because the wrecker boom extends over the rear of the truck

RAT

The M39 Series trucks, M54 is the cargo designation in that family, did not have a tanker version, so ther is no M number, based on this it is safe to assume that the 800 series did not have a tanker either.

Hope this helps.

1ton

oh i was wondering b/c i've been told that the tanker models had two ptos and the possibity of a NHC 250 would be nice, but i guess it would make since not to have a heavier truck doing the same job the 2.5 could do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks