• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling Info

USMilitarySurplus

I wanted to post the SF97 Request Form here for your convenience.

SF97s are US Government controlled documents and will be treated as such.

When submitting the form, please verify that information on the form is accurate, as this will make the process more efficient. For example, VIN numbers received from the government are sometimes inaccurate or not provided. The VIN number is often stamped into the frame on the area just ahead of the left front wheel.

There are some buyers who don't need or want titling paperwork. A completed title request form is the indicator that documentation is desired. Please note that not all buyers are end users or hobbyists.

Vehicles must be removed from the site prior to submission of a request form. There are times when EUCs do not clear, customers fail to complete the payment or they fail to pick up. Titling paperwork will be released to the actual/ cleared buyer of the vehicle.

Please complete a separate form for each lot that has been purchased, even if those lots are within the same sale. If there is any chance that the vehicle may be sold at some point in the future, please request the titling paperwork.

A $60 fee is charged for each SF97. This fee covers the costs involved to process the paperwork. There are no document preparation or processing fees, like you may find at a dealership, added onto this amount. As a business providing a service, we are within our rights to charge for this procedure, as a means to cover our costs. Methods of payment include credit card or certified funds. The average wait time is 30 days.

Vehicles listed in 6000 series sales will not be awarded titling documentation at this time.

Please contact Customer Service, either by calling, emailing or through the live chat function on the website, within 7 business days to ensure receipt of paperwork.

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

USMilitarySurplus said:
Due to the current backlog in titling documentation, the $60 fee is being waived for paperwork that is not processed within 30 days. We regret the inconvenience this causes our customers. The fee will be reinstated once customers are receiving their paperwork within an appropriate time frame. The date the titling request form is received marks the beginning of the process.
I have read about the waiving of the fee here on steelsoldiers but is there any other place I can find this in writing on the GL web site or some other official place? I plan to call about my SF97 soon and just wanted to know if that was an official policy or not. I appreciate your post here, and don't take this the wrong way, but I see a fellow SS member posting and not a GL employee unless I can call GL, quote your post and have the customer service person acknowledge what you say as GL policy.

Thank you,
Joe Trapp

USMilitarySurplus

RE: Re: Titling Info

Good question, Joe. It's one of the temporary adjustments put in place to help alleviate the backlog. However, if you send in an email or chat in asking about your specific titling fee, you can get an offer in writing for your specific sale and lot #.

rfischba1

Does the GL title look like a real state title?, In MD I've had trouble trying to register a trailer with the old SF97. Is the current title a valid AZ title that most state DMV will accept?

USMilitarySurplus

Yes, they are real titles. Keep in mind that titles are different from SF97s. There are states, like FL for instance, that only accept an actual title, in which case we transfer the title over to the customer. For MD, you need a bill of sale and a reassignment form, which are regularly accepted there.

papercu

sf 97

A $60 fee is charged for each SF97. This fee covers the costs involved to process the paperwork.
While I agree you may have a "right" to charge a fee, can you justify or give a breakdown of this amount? 60.00

I find it a little hard to believe a few minutes at the computer for a minimum wage clerk translate into 60.00

VIN numbers received from the government are sometimes inaccurate or not provided.
Really! Then shouldn't you just not accept it till it is right? I can not think of a single business that could work with any kind of inventory inaccuracy.Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks