• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA run in the deuce (holy cow!)

dirtyfingernails

I won an auction for a lot of tools on Friday. Was chomping at the bit to get over to get my booty all weekend. First, I took my F250 with trailer--filled both of the them on the first load. Had to go back so I took the deuce. I can't believe all the stuff I got for $480! Delta drill press, hydraulic press, hundreds of air tools, hoses, hand tools....blah blah blah! It will take me weeks to sort all this stuff. Anyway, the duece ran great. Maintained about 180 degrees outbound and 185 on the return trip. I guess the added weight? I kept it about 50 mph. Trip was about 1 hour one way. Cool!
Steve

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a fantastic deal, along with great pics of a great truck!

Any chance that some of your surplus tools showing up for sale here?

dirtyfingernails

I'll definitely being selling many of these tools. I counted 60 air drills alone. I'm going to check them all out and categorize them by whether they work or not. I'm really excited about the win--I alway lose! This is my first win! Yeah--feels good.

jwaller

did you get any of the super huge big impact guns? for taking off wheels and tires on these things? pls pm me bc I cant remember to check all my threads I post in.

Bozor1000

Sounds like a good score. I deal with GSA and a lot of that stuff is good stuff. I work for the Veteran Affairs Hospital in Long Beach in the Materiel Management division and I have to surplus a lot of that stuff through them. If the stuff doesn't get sold, we go ahead and dispose of it through a local scrfap guy. So if nobody would have won that, then the scrap guy over there would have scored for about a penny a ton!

m376x6

Please Stop

It has gotten to the point where I look at pictures of these Bobs and my stomach gets queazy and aches. I've got the Bob virus really bad. And the fact that this is a beautiful job makes it even worse. :drool:

papercu

GSA

I recognize that loading dock. That's the only GSA place I've been to that charges for the use of the forklift. Cash only and they don't tell you till you get there. I think it goes into the coffee fund. Wayne

BigJay

Re: Please Stop

m376x6 said:
It has gotten to the point where I look at pictures of these Bobs and my stomach gets queazy and aches. I've got the Bob virus really bad. And the fact that this is a beautiful job makes it even worse. :drool:
Any irony in the fact that the guy with the 6x6 m37 wants to make a 4x4 deuce? lol..

-Jay

dirtyfingernails

RE: Re: Please Stop

Wayne,
They were great at that location! They used two forklifts--one to bring the stuff out to the loading platform from the warehouse, and one on the ground to load my trailer. They bent over backward to help me out. They didn't charge me anything and they did all the work. I gave them a tip for lunch--but they even refused that at first--I insisted. I'll buy from there again!
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks