• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2wd dodge M880's?

86M10086.2L

A few years back a former employer of mine bought several former dodge military trucks of the same vintage as the M880's The only difference being that they all were 2wd instead of 4wd. One was actually a ambulance too. I was just curious to know what they were and how common they were/are as I've never seen any other ones.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: 2wd dodge M880

They are M890s. There were also M891s, M892s, and M893, perhaps others. I owned one for a little while, traded it to ShieldWolf37. They are common, but less so than the M880s. Most have been rusted out and parted out to supply M880s with useful parts over the years. They are out there, about the same except for the 2wd only capability, and it's slightly lower to the ground.

86M10086.2L

RE: 2wd dodge M880

I didn't think they were anything special, was just curious. It's a shame to think they are just rotting on a paintball field now, but in all fairness with the exception of the ambulance they were pretty sad to start off with. They bought lots of cool stuff for their WWII/ vietnam themed field while I was there. An early 50's APC prototype, a 1967 Kaiser M35, an unknown make and vintage wrecker, two tracked missle carriers, 3 or 4 of the M890's a couple mutts, a later multifuel trubo m35, a 1952 or 1953 Diamond Reo 5 ton tractor, and a MP M151 complete with snorkel, extended tailpipe, and winter hood cover a few trailers and some wierd littel British tracked vehicle. I imagine this news will make most of you cringe, but at least they didn't get scrapped. I got the ambulance running and drove it around the lot a few times, but the sending unit was rotted something fierce and they lost interest in making it driveable. so now its just a bunker.decoration. Most of the other stuff ran too. Had a lot of fun over the course of that summer ripping trees out and draggin a few abandon 53 foot cargo trailers with the Diamond Reo. Well, thanks for the info. Just thought I'd share.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks