• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Curious thought, yet a possible improvement.....

Deuce-bigalo

As a non-MV owner and witnessing many topics about 'fair value' or 'what's it worth.' If someone was interested in buying a MV it would be a good resource to see what others have spent for theirs (if they don't mind sharing) or what they sold one for.

Also, if I have a MV to sell, I wouldn't know where to go about getting a ballpark for value to ask for it without getting taken to the cleaners or insulting a buyer.

Just some food for thought....let me know your ideas and suggestions!

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if we are talking about local sales on driving vehicles, I'll share some of my stuff. I sold my M35A2 locally for $4500 in 2004. A year earlier I paid $4500 for my tractor. The winch on the tractor was previoulsy on the sold M35A2 and before that came off od a 1953 Reo rustbucket. Running trucks in rough condition should be around $1800 to $2200. If I had a decent specimin deuce for sale now I would be asking about $5300 wo/w and near $6000 for a w/w truck. All things are relative though. Trucks with decent cab tops and hard tops add value as does a cargo tarp/bows. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Deuce-bigalo

And that's fantastic information Keeny!! I appreciate it greatly for my own endevors towards a purchase! I was thinking of adding a forum where people can ask these type of inquires and others can post, if they wish, what they sold or bought one for.

It could be in the vehicles for sale or wanted area. Just some food for thought....

John

Elwenil

The only bad thing about the idea is that the information would be time sensitive, and yet would be here in on the forum for a long, long time. The values seems to fluctuate pretty wildly, and I believe location has a lot to do with it also. Trucks that once sold for $1200 are now selling for $3500, trucks that were selling for $3000 are now selling for $6000. Plus you get wierd ideas of values from eBay, GL, and a lot of the larger dealers who price their trucks in the $10k range because they have been rebuilt at one time or another. It's also been my observation that trucks in the North and West seem to sell for a little less, while the prices seem to go up as you go further South and East. I have yet to buy one, but that is my observations from all my checking around and yours may vary. Naturally all the good deals are 1000 miles away, lol...

Deuce-bigalo

YEs, the values are just out of reach, yet for some reason you sit there and try and rationalize how it would be cheapest to get it back home! Never fails to happen!! I figured the information may be time sensative, yet if someone can use it as a guide and find out if what they are considering is a good deal. Unfortunately, it's just not as easy as picking up a Auto Trader to find fair market value for an MV!

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks