• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tanker trailer id

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably right side mid to front section of the trailer. It's probably the M131 series. DOes it have tandem axles with 5 ton rims?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure sounds like the M131A5 or the such. Pretty unique trailers from what I've seen.

got a chance to look at trailer again today while working. it's a 131A4 5000 gal. with what looks like all equipment included minus large hoses and spare tire. to bad it has air over hyd brakes. oh well cool piece of equipment just the same. won't know for a few days wether or not it's added to the toy box. it was mfg by city tank corp. culpeper VA.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, I have this manual, which shows "Standard Characteristics" for MV's (TB 55-46-1). Never had a reason to use it before and it lists the M131A4 as having the following dimensions/weight:
374(L) x 97(W) x 108(H) and 14,000 lb.

Bucofd6

Sorry to revive an old thread. But since I am I was hoping someone could answer some questions or atleast point me in the right direction. Our Fire department has come across a m131A5 to use as a water tanker. But as stated before it has air/hyd brakes. We've heard of people taking the air brake components off of a 5-ton and replacing the air/hyd. My question is, Is this feasible? Thanks in advance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks