• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did a search, but still wondering about ducks.

over2land

Ok, so I want to find more info on the DUCW. I saw one a couple months ago closeup.

It looks like a deuce with a hull.

However, it's got older axles (not the top load rockwells).

Anyway, where can I go to find info on this? Has anyone converted a later deuce to a DUCW?

Desert Rat

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now there's an idea! So long as we don't get that sinking feeling while fording we'll be ok!

over2land

LOL, yeah seriously.

My understanding is that there is two bilge pumps in a duck, but the chassis and drivetrain is basically deuce. Also, I've heard that the propellar is a pto driven item...

I dunno. Just wondering where I can get more info on the duck.

Opie

Try a google search on dukw. I think that would get you a lot of infrmation. It results in 26K pages.

Opie

Over2land: The abbreviation is with a "k" rather than a "c" to get you what you want. Gotta love the military "alphabet soup!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks