• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Herculinerphile

Warren Lovell

Well, I took out my trans tunnel covers and sanded with 80 grit then brush painted two coats of Herculiner. No brush marks visible and the stuff is nice and tuff! I used 1/2 can of the quart size to do the three pieces. It dries for recoat in about 1.5 hours. It is completely dry in 12 hours and ready for installation and use. Make sure to stir it very well to susoend the bits of rubber.

Next is the rest of the floor and the firewall and back of cab. After I do that, I will post some photos. Guys, this is da S5@3*!

Warren

mangus580

Warren, what kind of brush did you use? I have planned on using Herculiner on the floor of my M1009, but I was planning to spray it... I would like to see pictures if you have any...

Opie

If you want colored materials, run a Google search on Durabak. It comes in a forest green which isn't OD, but it IS green at least.

DO post pics!

Dieselsmoke

Durabak can be mixed with any enamel to change the color, at least thats what they told me. We did Durabak on the bed of my dad's '97 F350 and my '95 F350. The beds of both trucks have been severely abused ad the stuff has been holding up great. The only bad spots are where we started loading tools in my dad's truck before it was fully cured, but hey work comes first.

Warren Lovell

I used a cheap bristle brush, but as long as the hairs don't come out, it is fine. After the second coat, you won't see any brush marks. And when it dries...it is tough!

Here's what anthoer website said regarding Durabek:

"... very impressed excellent product. Its all about the prep though, dont skimp out. durabek
isnt very thick and it scratches easy. I cant scratch my herculiner. ... "

Just make sure when you are brushing to stir frequently and when brushing, to make sure the rubber bits are evenly spaced/distributed. This is only a problem if you don't mix the Herculiner in the can frequently.

I am so impressed with it, I am going to do the bed of the Deuce as well.

Pictures to come. Send me a private email and I will respond with photos.

Warren

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Heres a golf cart I built and painted with herculiner since the fiberglass body was in bad shape. It totally covered up all the imperfections and looked great. I used the roller that was supplied in the kit. Its only good for 1 application but as long as you keep it wet by dipping and rolling you can use it for hours. Money well spent.

dlb

I did the outside of my jon boat with it and had spray on bed liner done on the outside of my M725.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks