• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

somethings chirping

m880guy

so my truck has been running great these past few weeks, but this little problem has been bugging me, when i stop driving, and shut off the engine, 3-4 drops of drip from the yolk. The guys at the dodge garage said i had bad seals so next paycheck im gonna get that worked out. Now my real problem, although it only bugs me its probably bad for my truck when im driving, if i push my gas pedal more than halfway to accellerate, i hear a loud chirping, like a bird chirp, and the chirping only continues if i keep my foot on the pedal.

I hope someone can tell me whats up with that cause its bugging me crazy

54reo

m880guy said:
... Now my real problem, although it only bugs me its probably bad for my truck when im driving, if i push my gas pedal more than halfway to accellerate, i hear a loud chirping, like a bird chirp, and the chirping only continues if i keep my foot on the pedal.

I hope someone can tell me whats up with that cause its bugging me crazy

...a U-Joint?

m880guy

RE: Re: somethings chirping

that could be, it might be that all of those little components in the front there are going bad and i just need to replace them, im wondering if any other m880 owners have had this problem?

54reo

RE: Re: somethings chirping

Look for signs of a "dry" set of U-Joint cups.

i.e. rust colored "dust" around the cups

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks