• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

106 RR progress

nickd

I have been busy in the shop stripping the mule down and working on the 106 recoilless rifle restoration. Lots of cleaning up on all fronts. I cleaned up the barrel and found a piece of scedule 80 4" steel pipe to sleeve and join the halves together with. The cuts in the breech and muzzle are closed up and ready for final grinding. The new preech operating pin is in hand and ready for installation. Just a little more time and a few more mule parts to complete. Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking good, Nick. That's a big project. :beer:

nickd

Clinto, Congrats on the mule! I had mine out for the Memorial Day parade and it was appreciated by many 'Nam vets. I was able to muscle the 2 halves of the 106 out of the truck, into the shop and onto the stands myself. To mount the completed unit on the mule it will require soldier A,B, and C. Most likely soldier A will use an overhead hoist and electric winch. Back to the shop today for the final finishing touches on the breech repairs.

ETBaals

106 mule

Hi Nick
that looks amazing :D
I wish i could weld that good.
Looking forward to seeing it his fall in Phili.
Keep up the good work
Ernie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks