• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New motorized Army

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
papercu, I don't think there's going to be a huge demand for a subsection on WW1 trucks, there are very few left. The ones that do exist are 90 years old, lack any reliable source of parts (you think you have problems getting parts for your 50-yr-old vehicle!), and the few that do exist are pretty much in museums in non-running shape. When these trucks were being surplussed out, the 1920s were in full swing, and the depression was soon behind it. During the early 1940s, a lot of scrap metal was needed for the WWII effort, and most if not all the tired worn-out trucks and vehicles from the 1910s and 1920s ended up in the smelter to make CCKWs and tanks, etc. That's the reason it's so hard to find an original Model T nowadays, most of the Ts out there are only the bucket and frame, the rest has been hot rodded only because the original parts were all busted over time and scrapped out.

I feel we'll see the same for our 1960s and 1970s deuces come around the year 2050-2060. Any that still exist will be deadlined, or in museums.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
in 99 a couple drove there ww1 quarter master corp 4t to the mvpa convention in san jose ca. , said that he had to make about 1/2 the parts when he restored it

papercu

sections

there's going to be a huge demand for a subsection
Didn't think so but was just politely pointing out that while the section states " WWI and WWII Vehicles" there was no proper place for my post(as required by the site TOS) :lol: Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks