• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL SUCKS!!!!!!

84cucv1ton

I got a parts truck for my cousins rig and a m1031 for my father as a gift. he wanted another one. this EUC thing is new . i never did it in the past. I called never got a call back. email was not to much help either, they could not even explain what was going on. my fax is busted, went to the store 5 times and sent it. last problem was my driver license was not clear. I could not get it clear either with how the NJ licenses are. i had a no time to do this, today is my first day off in 9 weeks. now i am suspended from GL. Im pissed, no one is still getting back to me. what a bunch of morons. :roll:

this sucks, parts truck. so what there will be more. really wanted the m1031, guess i lost it by now. think there is a few coming up in OH. i just might make a new account so i can get one.

anyone else deal with this crap?? did you make a new account?

im done complaining now

if anyone has idea please post up

thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Persist, it's the only way to get what you want from GL. As for the license, I ended up scanning mine and sending it, in a pdf format. I have had very little trouble making phone contact with them. After emailing, I made a call to the person the email was sent too to confirm they had received it ok.

Fred431

GL Sucks

I had the same problem. It was rejected twice So I photocopied and enlarged the copy so that it was perfectly clear and sent the whole package to them via USPS Priority Mail. I Had no problems on either purchase doing it that way. Faxes are nice but the quality of the copy is not that good

Fred

jimm1009

GL SUCKS!!!!

Here is what you should do.

Make very very clear color copies of your dirver's license, a passport if you have one, and perhaps an FAA license or other Federal / State I.D.
Make them slightly enlarged (blown up) and send in everything in cedrtified mail.

It is worthe the extras 5 to 10 dollars and you have absolute proof that they received it.
A signed receipt from the US Postal system will hold up in a court of law not that you want to go that far.
PM me if you want a clearer example of the EUC.
Jim

84cucv1ton

RE: GL Sucks

I never got a call back. i called a bunch of times. more i think about i just going to forget this, and use someone else's. this is bs. i wanted that for my father.

Pawnshop

Even though the instructions state to fax in your ID, I got an email stating that they DO NOT accept faxed ID copies, I sent mine in via email to Brandie G. and that was good enough for her.

Bow-man

My first fax never went through. Same with my second, third, fourth, etc. So I emailed it. Somehow, it went through scrambled, so I had to print it out (per their instructions), fill it out by hand, then scan it and email it. Then I had several revisions (simple mistakes and changes). The last thing I heard was that I needed to scan my DL and send it as a jpeg. No problem, right? Little did I know that the clock had been ticking, all the while they were requesting revisions. Apparently that has no effect on your five business day extension, no matter how many times they request additional revisions. Soooo...my account was suspended. Customer service advised me to send an email to "management" to contest it, which I did. No one called, no one answered emails, etc. Then about a week later they reinstated my account, waived my default fee, as a "one-time, good will gesture" (as if it was all my fault). I lost my original sale, but it's all good now. Now I have a good EUC that I can send as soon as my sale is final.
Personally, I think with so many dang auctions in so many different states, the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing. Gee...kinda like the military!!
My advice is, keep at it, keep calling, stay persistent! :D

mangus580

Keep one thing in mind... the account susupension is probably an automatic thing based on the website, and their software.

HeadWizard

If you send them what they ask for, keep checking your EUC status page and respond in a timely manner when they ask for something, I've not had the first problem with over 20 EUC's in the last year or so.

GL is sometime slow to respond (or not). Like it or not, I feel it's my responsibility to make sure they get everything (even if I have to do it multiple times). What's the alternative? Get suspended or just don't buy from them?

Unfortunately, if we want to do business with GL, we must abide by their sometimes changing rules.

FormerNewMVGuy

I took a clear photo with my digital camera of my drivers licence, then i Emailed it to GL, works fine! Fourth euc and i just keep useing the same photo. Works everytime

FrankUSMC

You have 7 days to get the paper work in, if there is something wrong, they will give you 5 more days for a total of 12 days. 12 days! trees don't live that long!. I have had problems before with my drivers lic. being faxed in, GL worked with me and I got it corrected. They had also answsered EVERY e-mail I sent them, on a timely manner.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love how they expect what they need NOW, I mean RIGHT NOW, but your SF97 can come whenever their incompetent/understaffed/inept/lazy butts feel like it.

Don't double standards just make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside?

THUNDRLOJ

Ditto on the photos. I photographed my drivers license, and because my address had recently changed, a photo of a recent utility bill to prove current address. These were accepted with no problems. I used this process for three different euc's.
They are definately slow in responding to emails and phone calls, probably due to short-staffing.
Stick with it and you will get results!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just thinking, Has anyone just sent their actual drivers license in to GL? That would be funny! Send it with a SASE and tell them to mail it back when they are satisfied! How much does it cost in your state to get a new license id issued? That would show them your serious!

jasonjc

The BIG doubble standard is that the fed's not GL want the copy of the DL. They (the feds) also are the ones that want it so you can't photo copy/forge the DL. And yes on the SF-97's not only can they not get them to us in a timely maner. They also can not get them right. And why is it that they can't get the numbers right??? Do GL and DRMO not know what trucks they are selling????? You would think that some thing as big as a truck would NEED to be accounted for. They know they want an EUC for it , but they don't know what it is, or witch one it is???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks