• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got her painted!

SoylentGreen

Looks a little more presentable. Now I need to go find a parade to be in.
Any of you guys have pictures of the front bumper/ rear bumperette markings. Not trying for historical accuracy, just need an idea of what might go there.
Also, a big thanks to Bob H. for the parts, now I can start on the inside.

Attachments

SoylentGreen

Thanks for the nice comments. As for the markings, I'm not really trying to represent any particular branch, just trying to add something to dress it up a bit. It seems that info on these things is somewhat limited.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a pic of my 1st M882 just b-4 I sold it.
on left 264GP-724E (264th Group 724th Engineers)
on the right D-35 ( D company, truck # 35)

this pic shows the unit on 2 lines, I have seen more trucks with it all on one line up front.
See TB 43-209 for marking details

on my M886
on left 38 2MCH1521 ( maybe 38 2MCHI521 Army Reserve Medical #s I think seems an ambulance wouldn't be mechanized "MCH")
on the right C-25 ( C company truck #25)

rear bumperettes same left & right the long # is broke up in two levels
38 2M
CH1521 on the left ( DS) & the C-25 on the right (Pass)

On my current M880 I have the 724th Engineers on the the left and HQ-3 on the right
as for me, this is Headquarters Co & 3rd truck.
Maybe today I'll post the reg #'s for Medlog to look up & I can put the correct unit #'s on it.

Also, I may be wrong on this, but I think the M886's were all Army.

Attachments

nattieleather

Wow nice looking truck. The color doesn't look like 34079 it looks darker...maybe it's just the digital picture, but should be closer in color to the pic above....the green part that is.

As for markings. 101AB 23M A-25 (I just made those up...:))

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rock on!!!!!! :beer:

gocmndo

That is a great looking paint job. Is that pait pretty rough or smooth to the touch. The reason I ask is my truck could sand the skin off your palmes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks