• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fake Recoilless Rifle

RecoillessRifle

Hey everybody ,How ya doin? I am in the process of restoring my 1967 M274a2 and I want a neat lookin 106mm RRreplica , I was thinking pvc and such ,but the problem is i dont have any measurements for one ,if yall could point me in the right direction i would be very appreciative(Pictures are great too)
Thanks, Al in Yakistan

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
His last post was over 3 years ago, I don't see you getting a reply. I have never seen a good quality replica of a 106. You could always get one of the cut up kits out of TX for 3500$.:shock:

Hightechken

The problem with the steel cut up kits is they are HEAVY! Not to mention expensive. I expect the weight of one of those kits on a Mule would really make it top heavy and tippy.
I picked up a few short cut off sections of those steel barrels with the intent to just use a few inches at the muzzle end so the mock up gun would look "real" with the rifling inside.
My thoughts for the barrel itself was to get a section of thin steel street light tube.......

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with the steel cut up kits is they are HEAVY! Not to mention expensive. I expect the weight of one of those kits on a Mule would really make it top heavy and tippy.
I picked up a few short cut off sections of those steel barrels with the intent to just use a few inches at the muzzle end so the mock up gun would look "real" with the rifling inside.
My thoughts for the barrel itself was to get a section of thin steel street light tube.......
Yep, that's how the real ones were.

wleit

Thanks for the replies..... $3500 is just too much for me (and my wife would go through the roof), so i think, i'll look at the PVC option and if not, well, no biggee!

B3.3T

The problem with a PVC replica is getting it to look decent and not like a PVC-cobbled POS. The one thing to remember about a deactivated real one is although $3500 is a lot of change, it will do nothing but go UP in value. I've been at this for 30 years and have seen nothing but great appreciation on any de-act ordnance. You can't go wrong fixing up a nice deact. These were to be had for $1500 just three years ago.

MrM4

Alot of the Millitary demilled parts kits are going up in price, look at the browning 1919s and Ma Duce kits, both continue to climb as people reactivate them into legal Semi autos and steal existing parts for repair of existing guns. If you have a gun truck I think its the actual gun that seals the deal for great looks even if its a replica. Any cool restore project should have a cool period correct gun on top. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks