• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got source for WMO and WHO

joesco

I am in the process of setting up my filtering system for my deuce, so I have been visiting local garages to obtain a good monthly supply of oils. It seems most auto garages dump everything into their waste oil drums, including the deal-breaker, anti-freeze.

So I figured I would visit small engine repair shops. Well I hit a gold mine! NO anti-freeze containments and I can get all the motor oil, gear oil and hydraulic oil I want and as an added bonus it is mixed with gas!!! I am also taking their stale gas also. My two five mile trips per week will yield me more that 20 gallons of waste oils. That should satisfy my monthly fuel bill.

The two shops I visited were more than happy to "get ride of the waste".

I am just doing more research with the help of this great site and the web regarding the exact cocktail mixture. Right now I am leaning towards purchasing 10 gallons of fresh diesel per month which will equate to an 80/20 cocktail.

As far as filtering, I plan on using 100 micron nylon sock, then through a 10 micron nylon sock, then I will tranfer the oil to my 30 gallon caddy via its hand pump and then pump it into the deuce via the caddy which will have a 5 micron in-line filte plumbed in.
I will post some pics which I have it all set up.