• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

interest in 2 M880's in NC??

rottiedog

Hey,

I have a CUCV and have been trying to get one of the M880s for a while now. I bid on four this week BECAUSE I read the first couple and they were right down the street from me. I thought they were all at the same location. Well, the two I won are out in western NC. I am in eastern. THe shipping quotes have all been HIGH and for what fuel is costing, it isn't looking to good for getting these home.

Any interest? I paid around $500 for each and wouldn't be looking to make any money on them.

thanks,
Mike

For any questions, contact me at harmon5@embarqmail.com or michael.d.harmon@navy.mil

Attachments

rottiedog

down to one

They had the town listed incorrectly on one of them and it is close enough for me to get. Just the one left which is in Lenoir.

rottiedog

1 down

Got one home yesterday. Took a little while. First, it had no gas. Took a while to prime the system. Then, it was stuck in 4 low. Fixed that and drove 140 miles home. Ran good. Idle is bad but started checking it out last night.

Nice gift, somebody already added power steering. Pump says it's from a 1990 dodge.

Truck is red and piant isn't too bad. Lots of green showing through. Under the hood there is a NGxxxxx number so I am thinking that this might have come from the guard prior to it's forestry duty. There must be 16 holes in the roof. I don't know what the heck they had mounted up there.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: 1 down

Welcome to the world of M880's!

1st get the other truck, sure recovery could get pricey, look for other SS members in the area for assistance, you may need the parts.

2nd the carb will need a thourough cleaning / rebuild. The idle circuit in those carbs are finickey and don't like crud in them.

3rd the Reg # NGxxxx, only indicates 1 1/4 ton, it does NOT stand for National Gaurd.
To possibly find out the trucks last military usage check the thread that MEDLOG has going in the Conversations forum "VIN Info-'You may fire when ready, Gridley.'"

The power steering was likely added by the rural Fire Department that last used it.
Along with the holes in the roof, ( can never have too many flashers and antennas).

rottiedog

I am getting the second truck. Should be to my house this week. I am having a lot of fun with this M880 and seem to be spending less time with my CUCV.

Pulled out all of the floor matting. Little rust and a couple of holes under there. I really don't like that insulation crap. It holds moisture like a sponge!

rottiedog

Second one made it home today. Not running but looks pretty good. Missing tailgate. Looks like someone added dual exhaust and power stearing. It is marked as a fire department truck which is pretty funny since it looks like it had a dash fire. Dash is melted with not much left. Should have a better idea on condition tonight.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: home

I was watching them. Im in NC right now but on the beach. Too bad for me~

rottiedog

Really? What beach?

Why would one of the m880 be higher than the other. Took some measurements and if you look at the pictures, the one on the right is visibly higher?????? Tow hooks are about the same but body on the shinehy red is about 2 inches higher. Warn body bushing on one or body lift on the other?? New one sounds good with the dual exhaust.

FrankUSMC

Yea! what beach? also down on the coast of NC.
On the hieght, maybe the one fire department over loaded, and run the poor thing into the ground. Our local fire department here has a M37, that rear axle rests on the frame as the springs are completely gone in the rear from years of running through the woods with a full tank of water in the box.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

rottiedog

Re: RE: Frank

dodgethis12 said:
still for sale?
Not really but everything is always for sale.......

I am giving the one on the far right to my Dad. It is the nicest and needs nothing.

As for the other one, low miles but the wiring is kicking my butt. Putting a bunch of redneck engineering into it right now and I hate doing that!!!

Why you asking? Looks like you have a couple....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks