• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 trip...

Warren Lovell

Well I made it back...A trip from San Fran to San Diego. The only problem I had was the transfer case.
While going about 65 mph, I lost all drive to the rear wheels. I coasted into a convenience store lot off the freeway, but could find nothing amiss. I locked the front hubs and put her in 4 wheel high and off we went.

I stopped at a transmission shop and they found some plastic bits in the transfer case along with remants of thrust washers? When asked to display the problem to the mechanic, of course - 2 wheel drive worked!

So, I guess Im in for a rebuild of the tranfer case and possibly look at the forks inside.

Does anyone know where to get the Transfer cases for the M1009 NOS?

Thanks,

Warren

mangus580

I have a spare or two... but I am on the other coast! :banghead:

The plastic bits are probably from the shifter forks which have plastic wear plates on them. They arent too hard to rebuild, providing you are patient. I have had mine apart before.

Glad to know you made it home though!! :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks