• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew cab short box m 35 6x6

hot rod deuce

So i came up with a donor truck with a hard top and a nice cab. The chopping began less than 24 hours after the truck hit the yard. The plan is as follows

Chop fire wall off of new cab and spread the front to make it square.

Chop the back of my or another cab if i can find one, off and put them both on a 3x3x1/8 sub frame. This is possable only because i have a 3 inch body lift.

Then with my flanging tool, tin in the rest to make it look factory.

The hard top will be done is the same way but with a section added.

Any ideas? it will probaby have two air ride seats up front and a bench seat out of a 80's chevy pick up that i got from the waldoch dealer as a take out. Mounted on an air ride suspension.

A tilt stering colum from a mid 90's international truck will be used because they are some what universal. and a new dash like the 80's to mid 90's freightliner to make room for all the gauges for the twin turbo set up and switches to run the rear steer, water fording system, and hydraulic nitrogen ride rear suspension. it will probably be lined with an insulation and have a pair of Vintage Air air conditioning systems along with AIR powerwindows and locks. oh and a pair of moon roofs in the hard top.

Pimp my crew cab?

Here are some early picks www.hrd6x6.com its under cab mods

mangus580

HRD.... too much time? too much money? [:)] Some of us are lucky to be able to afford fuel for our truck... [^]

Looks GREAT!! Cant wait to see it done!! [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

hot rod deuce

Thanks for the interest in the project.

so does anybody have an extra cab so i dont have to incopasatate my truck for so long? just make an entire new one and swap them out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one with a bad rocker. Still got that axle too. Planning any trips to FL?

hot rod deuce

well uh actualy yes i am but not till next year for the hot rod power tour. I figure it wouldnt be complete without a hot rod deuce :smile:
so the cab is probably out but i still want the axle, let me know what you need.

hot rod deuce

you know i was kinda thinking that because it says that the hard top fits both, thats why i bought that m-543 wrecker was for the cab and tires but noticed the rocker had rust holes in it and i want a "perfect" one as far as rust goes. I think dents are better than rust on a cab, or at least one im going to cut half of it off of.

FSBruva

Could you put the two cabs back to back and have suicide doors? Maybe moving seats is easier than spreading the front? Just a thought.

Awesome truck, no matter how it comes together!!

Matt

1ton

sucide doors on the back would be sick HRD. Alas, it's not my truck. :cry:
You almost don't have enough room to make the cab, what with those 53s

in the way and the axle so much closer to the cab.

great job so far HRD. :cool:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shop space? You should see mine! I've got a little over an acre of shop space. Really tall light blue ceiling too. If I could just keep the grass from growing I'd be OK. The lighting system is to die for. The daytime lighting is so bright you need sunscreen. Gotta wear gloves too, the lights even make the tools hot. It's heated and even airconditoned a few days out of the year. I have to admit though, the roof leaks alot. Seems like it rains inside the shop! LOL

hot rod deuce

hmmm it seems 1ton has been doing his home work, the plan is to cut the back corner of the cab much like a car or i think newer suburbans and take a fender from the oposite side and mary it on so its a mirror of where the front fender meets the tool box or battery box. kinda like a ferrowing but not so gobby.

suiside doors would be killer but i think some one or a little kid might do just that, and a complicated door lock seems like too much work.

shop space....yeah a 40x80 and a 60x102 addition with 20 foot side walls and a full overhead 5 ton bridge crane...sure is gravy in the summer months i have it almost all to my self.

Winter comes and holly smokes it will be plum full with 10 guys running in all differnt directions. So when i should be working on my truck i cant and when i should be driving im working :confused:

oh well i cant complain

1ton

HRD sucide doors defintly earn their name. I i had a feeling that those tires were a bit close... i can't wait for you to finish- at least the next stage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks