• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug relay.

portchop

bought a new relay,looked at cd manual,says its located on firewall behind drivers side exhaust manifold or there
of.
Done alot of work on different vechiles,so I'm not new to repair.
New relay is same as in manual.
Could some one please clue me in on where this relay IS???? Already spent time looking at no evail.
Thanks , james

portchop

thankyou for your help.
mine is just like it.
guess book pic is of another kind, guess i need to get one of the right one.
Do you know how to test this relay??
if bad, how do you wire to bypass it???
15july is my birthday, looking to have this beast rolling by then!!!
I hope!!!
thanks again
M1010caddy

mangus580

You cant really by pass it, but you can jump it to see if its your relay thats bad, or your controller. What do you mean you need to get the right one? whats the one look like that you bought? there is a good chance it will work just fine, but look different.

BTW... add your loacation to your signature line please.... its a requirement of the forum, and who knows maybe someone here lives right down the street and can help you out.

portchop

went to local auto parts store got the correct relay. installed it, it started right up.
relay I got off ebay had a 4 plug-in ,designed for a plug.
Was good to hear that caddy1010 run....
Thanks again for your help.

james
pontiac mich

85-m1028

if you look under the "glow plug update" thread there is a picture of the four pin controler/ relay, it is the 12v civy version. That may have been the one you got.

85-m1028

ohh yea if its for 84 or earlier then its round and long shaped sort of like a giant felt tip marker., the military used the starter looking relay controled by a circuit board under the dash from 83-87 "I think" :confused: maybe some could chime in and verify that for me!! :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks