• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my own toy, now here comes the pain

gunchief113

I am going to need nearly everything beside the tub and chassis. For starters, I need some prices on all three harnesses, preferably new. I also will need:
Fuel tank mounting straps
All light buckets
Fuel tank bucket
Fuel filler tube and hoses
Fuel lines(metal)
Good radiator
Good trans cooler
Power steering pump bracket
Fuel filter housing
Air intake canister(houses the filter)
Air intake horn(canister to intake manifold)
Speedo adapter
Drive shafts (all)
Battery tray
Battery cables
Slave connection
Insulation for tunnel(underneath)
Shift linkage
Parking brake lever
Parking brake rod/clevis/retaining spring
P/S pressure lines, including fan clutch hose
Fan shroud
Fan

oh yeah, and everything else!! Looks like I will definately need to make a trip to Madison, Akron and Vincennes. Thanks for the help guys! Naturally I wont be able to get everything at once, but when I start my students on building this thing, kinda be nice to have parts.
-Brian

Attachments

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Welcome to the club! Wow, that project will take a lot of work. If your truck came out of that big batch of USMC trucks that were auctioned off in Riverside, CA and Atlanta, GA back in 1999 or so, then my guess is that it's most likely a 1985-1987 truck.

Even with all of the dataplates removed, there's a body number stamped on the reinforcing ridge that runs across the firewall inside the engine compartment, right in front of the driver's position. It might be hard to find under the paint. It could help you guess at the year of manufacture, and you might choose to use it as the VIN when establishing new title and getting it registered (I'm guessing that your truck hasn't been registered before).

Good luck!

jwaller

I have a brand new fan shroud. $100 with shipping to you. shipping will be a lot bc it's big and bulky.

as I'm sure you have seen, a lot of what your looking for is on ebay right now. good luck with your project and be prepared it's not going to be cheap.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a miniature HUMVEE starter kit? Good luck with it. Lots of guys put them together one piece at a time.

x63b

can get you theseparts all new for about $1000-$1200
Fan shroud
Fuel filter housing
Fan Speedo adapter
Drive shafts (all)
Battery tray
Battery cables
Slave conneShift linkage
Parking brake lever
Parking brake rod/clevis/retaining spring
P/S pressure lines, including fan clutch hose
ction
radiator cooler for trans

gunchief113

Re: my new toy

Thanks for all the great info. I got the truck from a guy in Jersey for about 5600, shipped. I would load pix but am not sure how to put them inline like the rest of you do. Somebody tell me how? Cut and paste doesnt work. I am gonna be hunting parts forever, paying as fast as I can afford on a teacher's salary. My auto shop students gonna have a ball once I get rolling, though.
-Brian

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: my new toy

GC hop in to the Mess tent chat right now and I'll walk you through posting pics

nf6x

Feral Engineer
RE: My new toy...pics finally(Thanks, Doghead)

Very nice! It will take a lot of work, but the end result will be awesome! I think you'll end up spending just as much money as if you had bought a complete one, but this way you'll get to spread out the cost over a long time, and have something to play with in the mean time.

Most of the trucks don't even have spare tire carriers. I might want to add one to my truck someday, but I'll need to be careful to make sure it will fit right on my shelter carrier, which has different tailgate mounting than the more common HMMWV varieties. I might need to fabricate something.

chazman21

Hello!
I'm not sure if you were asking for a new fuel tank or not. You can check out www.colemans.com
They have stated they have a HMMWV fuel Tank, Its said it fits "HMMWV. 24.1gal"
Its current price is $150.00 ea.
They have pics, You can call them and ask! or order online.
They are nice people, I have ordered some parts for my CDV meters

One thing I did notice, Their is a hole on the tope of the tank. I have seen this with other dealers." same hole and location"
I have not work on any "version" of the M998 nor do I have any TM diagrams on the fuel system.
It could just be a bulk head opening for the fuel sending unit!
God for B*& its a De-mill thing!!!
Just thought I'd throw that out their. It most liky nothing.

Good Luck, Don't have to much fun to soon!! :) :D

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What a solid start for a nice project truck! Good Luck with it and keep us posted on it's progress, please.

chazman21

Hello again,
I found some other listings in your part request!
Hope they Help. If not, It will add to your knowlage of market values
Ebay/ Ebay Motors:

Fuel Tank Straps: listing/# 170193008840, "ENDS IN 5 DAYS", Has 9 currently @ $15.00 ea. & 9 S/H
condition as I see, Not bad!! Great!

Fuel Filer Spout "Used": Listing/# 200180244594, "ENDS IN 25 DAYS", @ $30.00 & $??.?? S/H
Condition as I see, USED But servisable
Seller is selling Fuel cap in another listing.

I guess, If you look hard enough. You can find anything & Everthing. I use www.askx.com as my search engine.
It gives you what you want, & what your asking for. 99.9% of the time. Its all in the spelling. Da?e, suck for me sometime. "laugh"
Not, What is most popular on the web this week!
Its great to get a new part "NOS" then used or so, But $$$$ talks!
Then getting a great deal is good but then, You get nickeled & dime to death.
I guess a good balance, Is what is best.

Good luck, Keep us informed as you can!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rectangular hole in the top of the humvee fuel tank is for the sending unit/vent lines/filler line/etc.. You'll need the metal plate with all the holes in it to seal the hole...

I have a pile of brand new engine wiring harnesses...send a PM if interested-I have not though of an exact price yet. I also have an extra set of x style hard doors, B and C pillars, complete windshield frame, alternators and new transmission cooler assemblies, and lots of misc smaller stuff....

actionpaintball@yahoo.com

Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks