• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage Yard near Stroudsburg PA??

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to visit family last weekend, my trip north took me up Rt. 33 in eastern PA, east onto I-80 through the Delaware Water Gap. Soon after making the turn onto I-80 East, I saw a scrapyard on the right that looked like it had some camo and green shelters, might be some green iron there too. I didn't have time to stop, plus the traffic was pretty heavy on a Friday. Here's the maps of where it is.

Anyone know what this place is, or can swing by to take some detailed pictures?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm...Looking at the map, East Stroudsburg is only about 10-12 miles from Gilbert PA, where I'll be at the Red Ball show third week of September. I might have to take the deuce a few miles outta the way to do a little side trip to the yard, see if he has any green stuff for sale. I'd really be interested to see if any of those shelters have any radio gear in them. A lot of the earlier-surplussed shelters were sold off with a lot of gear still in them, and if those shelters have been there for some time...methinks it may be worth a looksee. Will definitely have to take some pics....

Srjeeper

Here ya go Mike,

APS Recycling
Dreher Ave.,
Stroudsburg, Pa. 18360
570-420-1460

Don't get your hopes up. They use to have tons of stuff years ago when Tobyhanna was going strong, but now it's just a recycling center.

sidewinder

Junk yard has just junk

The previous owner"Katz" had some interesting military equipment. It was sold 2-4 years ago and all the have is recycled metal and scrap metal.
Not what it used to be hardly worth the trip
Rob ... _._

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Junk yard has just junk

I was thinking of swinging up there in the deuce when I am at the Gilbert PA show September 19-20. It's only about 12 miles away from the show, so I am going to head up there that Friday, just to take a look.

sprucemt

RE: Junk yard has just junk

Years ago the "sky view" pic would of been FULL of "green stuff". When the company sold to the new owner things changed rapidly. Mike, I would be more inclined to send you up to Kenny Kublo's. Much more in line with stuff for you to see and buy. Or closer would be Dan Werner near Tannersville. He is always at the Gilbert show.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks